PDA

View Full Version : killdeer

arash_hazeghi
12-13-2022, 02:29 AM
Killdeer in flight. BG was water

shot with A1 and 200-600 at 600mm f/6,3 1/4000 sec ISO 1250 handheld. used ZWF technique. processed with C1P

hope you like it

Kurt Bowman
12-13-2022, 07:52 AM
Great flight pose and I love the topside view! No nits from me. Really nicely done!

Dorian Anderson
12-13-2022, 11:23 AM
Beautiful pose. Lighting and details don't get any better. However, there is something weird going on. It almost looks like cloning artifact to me (though I doubt that's what it is given the perfect BG); it's most visible around the crown of the head, where there appears to be phantom tan in the blue. I know you're using all sorts of different software these days, and I wonder if it's a conversion problem of some sort as I've never seen anything like this in any of your other images.

Also, what is ZWF technique?

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
12-13-2022, 11:42 AM
Super wing position and that HA is perfect. Nice flight shot as usual.

dankearl
12-13-2022, 08:46 PM
There is an odd blue halo around the bird...sure you can fix it. Great pose, comp and eye contact. Maybe get rid of double catchlight if you want.

arash_hazeghi
12-13-2022, 09:23 PM
Thanks guys

looks like image got messed up during BPN upload. BPNs old interface doesn't support wide gammut encoding. Will fix it later when I get a chance

arash_hazeghi
12-15-2022, 02:50 AM
Beautiful pose. Lighting and details don't get any better. However, there is something weird going on. It almost looks like cloning artifact to me (though I doubt that's what it is given the perfect BG); it's most visible around the crown of the head, where there appears to be phantom tan in the blue. I know you're using all sorts of different software these days, and I wonder if it's a conversion problem of some sort as I've never seen anything like this in any of your other images.

Also, what is ZWF technique?

zoom while focusing : you can zoom in out while the camera tracks focus. to get this frame I first zoom out to find the bird quickly then zoom in to fill the frame while panning. the camera maintains focus

Dorian Anderson
12-15-2022, 07:27 AM
zoom while focusing : you can zoom in out while the camera tracks focus. to get this frame I first zoom out to find the bird quickly then zoom in to fill the frame while panning. the camera maintains focus

Thanks. And repost is up to your usual high standard. Cheers.