PDA

View Full Version : Northern Mockingbird (Mimus polyglottos)

Joseph Przybyla
12-08-2022, 07:33 AM
I captured this image in my backyard with the bird taking off from the grass on the golf course. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm VR AF-S ED, Handheld
1/3200 F/8 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 2000 Auto WB, image captured at 400mm (600mm 35mm Equivalent)
Post processed using Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2023 and Topaz Denoise AI, removed in focus grass using Photoshop Content Aware Fill in the lower left side of the frame
Cropped for composition and presentation

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
12-08-2022, 10:17 PM
Very nice flight shot Joe. I like the wing position and the head angle. The clean BG is also nice. Good techs too.

Jonathan Ashton
12-10-2022, 04:58 AM
Good sharp head, ideally I would have preferred a broader wing-spread.

Andreas Liedmann
12-11-2022, 12:53 PM
Hi Joe ... nice work in capturing this image .
Looking at the pose of the bird ... i think this is crying for portrait rather than landscape crop .
Image is lacking IQ , as i think the head is not really sharp .... at least here on my screen . Is this a rather large crop ? or where is the IQ lost ?

TFS Andreas

Joseph Przybyla
12-12-2022, 08:59 AM
Hi Joe ... nice work in capturing this image .
Looking at the pose of the bird ... i think this is crying for portrait rather than landscape crop .
Image is lacking IQ , as i think the head is not really sharp .... at least here on my screen . Is this a rather large crop ? or where is the IQ lost ?

TFS Andreas

Hi Andreas, thank you for viewing and commenting. Yahhh, I tried to get greedy. Looking at the master file without a crop it was a large crop.