PDA

View Full Version : Fish Eagle

Steve Kaluski
12-06-2022, 01:55 PM
Nice when you get the opportunity to use a smaller lens, but shoot wider to encompass the habitat/environment too. A bird lovers paradise.

Thanks to those who posted or viewed on the last posting.

Steve

Subject: Fish Eagle (Haliaeetus vocifer)
Camera: Canon EOS-1D X Mark II
Lens: EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM HH
Exposure: 1/2000s at f/8 ISO1600 EV -1
Original format: Portrait, very slight crop
Processed via: LRC 12.0.1 & PS '23 24.0.1

William Dickson
12-06-2022, 03:29 PM
That's a beauty Steve.....What a setting, the BG brings so much to the image....Lovely pose on the bird with a good HA...and nice feather detail.....The light direction works well here for me, as I like the look of the 'half' shadow....The raised talon adds....Good POV and a lovely reflection.

:cheers: Well done

Will

Steve Kaluski
12-07-2022, 03:30 AM
Thank you Will, glad you liked it.

Have you got the first falls of snow yet? :S3: Remember, if shooting in snow you are more likely to be EV+.

Paul Burdett
12-07-2022, 05:57 AM
This is nice Steve. I echo William's positives here, although the whites on the bird's head and neck look a little hot on my monitor.

Jonathan Ashton
12-07-2022, 08:50 AM
Clean sharp and ideal colours. I am not crazy about the head angle but good to see a raised foot. Shadow on the bird does not trouble me at all.

Andreas Liedmann
12-07-2022, 11:00 AM
Hi Steve ... cool to see the Fish Eagle from a completly different angle .
All works well for me , glad you managed details in those white feathers . LOve the overall colors ... does look very realistic .
Cool shot :5:cheers:

TFS Andreas

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
12-07-2022, 11:26 AM
Superb POV Steve! I like it a lot. Good reflection too and the colours are spot on too. Good use of wider angle. TFS.

Steve Kaluski
12-08-2022, 06:16 AM
Hi Paul, thinks it's the monitor, obviously with only 256 colours for sRGB you are limited, but they are ok, however I appreciate it.

Steve

Steve Kaluski
12-08-2022, 06:18 AM
I am not crazy about the head angle but good to see a raised foot. Shadow on the bird does not trouble me at all.

What HA would you have preferred Jon, I think side on shows far more in profile??? :S3:

Shadows minimal, didn't even think about them.

Steve Kaluski
12-08-2022, 06:20 AM
All works well for me , glad you managed details in those white feathers . LOve the overall colors ... does look very realistic .

Cheers Andreas, just thinking of various options, other than the 1st one. :bg3:

Superb POV Steve! I like it a lot. Good reflection too and the colours are spot on too. Good use of wider angle. TFS.

Cheers Sanjeev, thanks for commenting.