PDA

View Full Version : Cormorant closep

Paul Burdett
11-08-2022, 05:12 PM
I seem to be taking more closeup images these days:bg3: Basic adjustments in ACR and PS. Selective n/r and sharpening.

D500/500PF, 1/3200th sec@5.6, iso1000 on an overcast afternoon.

Daniel Cadieux
11-09-2022, 05:09 PM
Nice details and excellent colours! I love head closeups like this so this speaks to me, so to speak (ha!). The water drops are a perfect touch. Nice3ly done, Paul.

Paul Burdett
11-09-2022, 08:55 PM
Hi Daniel. Thanks so much for the kind feedback. It's very much appreciated.

Steve Kaluski
11-10-2022, 05:20 AM
Hi Paul, for me this is the best post I have seen from you, no heavy crops, sharpness and detail appear spot on. However.... the blacks appear thin indicating the Exposure was slightly out perhaps, therefore deal with that side with a layer mask as I bet the rest was slightly darker no problem as this would render some more definition. With the massive update to Lr which I think you use, just use a mask there to apply say under a third of a stop of exp, with maybe some Clarity/Dehaze, both will also add some sharpening in their own way.

It's really good Paul, just avoid the hefty crops and you are there.

Jonathan Ashton
11-10-2022, 07:10 AM
It's a beauty - well done, colours and details are excellent. Focus is ideal.

Paul Burdett
11-10-2022, 07:39 AM
Thanks so much Steve and Jonathan for the kind feedback.
Steve: I applied your suggestion and yes, it looks much better. Cheers.

Dorian Anderson
11-10-2022, 07:23 PM
That is some serious detail! The blue eye is great and sucks us right in. I woulda loved a lower angle to knock out some of the ripples in the BG, but the image is still sufficiently clean as is. I'm a huge headshot fan, so this sits well with me.

Paul Burdett
11-11-2022, 03:11 AM
Thanks Dorian. Actually i was on the pier looking down on the Cormorant so i'm happy that it looks as it does, but i agree to a lower pov.