PDA

View Full Version : Red Knot On Spotless Beach.

Daniel Cadieux
10-31-2022, 07:39 AM
After a boat passed close by, the resulting waves cleaned parts of the beach clean. I was really hoping this juvenile would obey my secret orders for it to walk along some of those areas...and it did:S3:

Canon R6 + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/2000s., f/5.6, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, small crop for comp after a .5 degree CW rotation, reduced yellowish cast under the belly via sponge tool.

kevin Hice
10-31-2022, 11:28 AM
Image is pristine just as the beach Daniel. Lovely image the soft light in this is what makes the image IMO also the low perspective. TFS

Randy Stout
10-31-2022, 06:51 PM
Daniel:

Agree with Kevin. Soft light and perspective, not over sharpened, muted colors, all work together. I guess you officially are a bird whisperer !

Randy

Brian Sump
11-02-2022, 09:26 AM
Daniel, congrats. About 1/100 I get a bird to listen to me so you've got the goods!

Lovely frame. Great angle to the lens and love the easy pastels in the palette. Your composition presents nicely.

Would have been great to have a foot-forward pose but this works well. I'd consider adding a touch of oomph in the mids, even selectively along the wing and neck plumage. Feels a touch thin.

TFS!

Jonathan Ashton
11-07-2022, 03:10 AM
Super shot, I like as presented but feel a little more pop may have been good.