PDA

View Full Version : Galah

Colin Driscoll
10-27-2022, 04:26 PM
The bird had just dropped from its perch in a strong tail wind.
The red iris gives it away as a female
R5 EF 600 f4 1.4x 840mm HH
1/3200 f5.6 iso2000
ACR PS2023 NR Neat Image, Crop from horizontal, Curves, S&H, Sharpen
Nothing added or cloned

Ian McLachlan
10-27-2022, 07:42 PM
Well done. Action. Quite some wind.You might be able to tone down the highlights just a bit on the back ruffled rear feathers.The near wing has picked up the green foliage nearby and reflected it on my monitor which can be fixed .I get Htis quite a lot on Swamp Harriers which are always cruising just above the green below them. I like this image a lot and the eye colour and definition is perfect.

kevin Hice
10-28-2022, 06:42 AM
Well done what a wonderful image and capture. For me maybe tone down the brighter green in front of the bird. Color cast isn't enough to bother me maybe the highlights on the tail. Love the grey background goes well. Just superb over all. TFS

Paul Burdett
10-30-2022, 01:16 AM
Hi Colin. Superb shot. Love the diving pose, sharpness and BG. I'm fine with the highlights, but agree on toning down the dark green section.

Daniel Cadieux
10-30-2022, 05:22 AM
Pretty sweet pose you got here - I like the arching wings and fully flared tail. The pink feathers and red eye look great! Yes to lowering the highlights on the rump, and you could judiciously smooth out some of the BG harder edges on the let side. A strong effort here Colin!

Colin Driscoll
10-30-2022, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the comments and I have attended to the suggestions.
Oh, and disclosure, this is the first post at the commencement of my 80th year!

Steve Kaluski
11-02-2022, 11:47 AM
Hi Colin, cracking little shot, like the framing and especially the ruffled feather, great to see they too.

Just a thought, if you reduce the blue in the whites of the tail feathers (which I think is casting Globally) and add a tad more USM sharpening (personal pref), you get to see a lot more detail. not sure on the overall colours but it may help in direction????

PP looks better overall. :cheers:

BTW Big congreatys on the milestone of 80 years young, in todays terms thats only 50. :5

Colin Driscoll
11-03-2022, 06:01 AM
Thanks Steve, your RP does look a bit warm to me and I had set WB to neutral grey.

Steve Kaluski
11-03-2022, 07:08 AM
That's OK Colin, but you do see a lot more detail

I had set WB to neutral grey

How do you do that, am I missing something here?