View Full Version : Reed Bunting

William Dickson
10-15-2022, 03:20 PM
Canon 1DX Mk2
f/4 400mm DO Mk2 at 800mm
f/8
1/1000
ISO 2000

One from earlier this year on the Isle of Mull.....HH from the vehicle...ACR Topaz DN and PS

Will

Jonathan Ashton
10-16-2022, 05:58 AM
Looks good to me Will, composition exposure colours and pose all very good.

Brian Sump
10-16-2022, 03:51 PM
Will, this is a really subtle but pretty frame.

Fantastic calling pose and I really like the character of the reeds and the diagonal effect.

Exposure looks nice. Appears as though you could push sharpening a bit more to my eyes, particularly on the subject.

As much as I like that you left room to the left for the bird to look into, I believe shifting the subject and reeds just a touch more left would give a bit better balance. It's one of those maybe, maybe not type of adjustments but worth a try IMO.

Nicely seen, TFS!

Dorian Anderson
10-17-2022, 04:52 PM
Suer image, Will. Calling pose is very nice, and the perch really cracks in the gray surrounds. I can hear Brian's comments about more sharpening on the subject, but you might be up against it with IQ (because of the 2x) as the upper breast and neck are looking a bit smudgy/crunchy as is. I do like the gripping feet!

Andreas Liedmann
10-18-2022, 05:39 AM
Cool image Will !!!
Very nice calling pose and the fine elegant looking perch is so nice !!
Nicely processed .

TFS Andreas

William Dickson
10-18-2022, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the comments ....Much appreciated...

Will

Daniel Cadieux
10-23-2022, 12:08 PM
Bird, pose, perch, and background all look very nice! What an appealing frame here Will. I'm sure a touch more sharpening would do well for the fine details, but looks acceptable to me as posted.