PDA

View Full Version : Rock Pigeon

Joseph Przybyla
10-15-2022, 07:27 AM
This bird in most instances is considered a nuisance, but in the right light and cleaned up a bit is quite beautiful. I captured this image last year at Lake Morton in Lakeland, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 500mm PF, camera and lens supported by a Oben carbon fiber monopod with a Wimberly MonoGimbal head
1/2000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV +1 ISO 1800 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 500mm (750mm 35mm Equivalent)
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2022 and Topaz Denoise AI
Cropped for composition and presentation

P.S. Learn more about Lake Morton in the BAA Middle Florida Photography Site Guide that Artie and I co-authored. It is available at this link https://birdsasart-shop.com/the-baa-middle-of-florida-photographic-site-guide/

William Dickson
10-15-2022, 02:54 PM
I agree Joe on the beauty, when the light is on one of these birds, and you captured it well here....Nice details and HA.....

Will

Jonathan Ashton
10-16-2022, 07:58 AM
Very nice inded Joe, I like the composition detail and colours.

Dorian Anderson
10-17-2022, 04:49 PM
Looks like a different bird in the right light, right? Other than the square-ish crop, I don't see a lot to change or improve here. I might trade some room behind for more in front as he's staring into the short side of the frame when it doesn't look like he has to.

Joseph Przybyla
10-18-2022, 07:30 AM
Thanks everyone for viewing and commenting, much appreciated. Here is a edit with canvas added to the left side for a 2x3 crop as Dorian suggested.