PDA

View Full Version : Razorbill

Alfred Forns
07-12-2008, 07:31 PM
One of my favorite birds from Newfoundland Razorbill Lots of them nesting in Gull Island Witless Bay. Difficult birds to photograph because of their colors and usual light encountered on the island. Today we had a heavy overcast during the trip but the sun came out late in the day when the boat was back at the dock !!! Processing from laptop.

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Nikon D300
200-400 f 4.0 VR 1.4X
f 5.6 1/640 sec
ISO 1250
Manual exp

Maxis Gamez
07-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Hi Al,

I hope you are having a good trip. I like the elegant pose and composition on this one. I would remove the noise from the BG.

Be safe out there!

Doug Brown
07-12-2008, 10:07 PM
Beautiful bird Al! Great BG too. Tough exposure to be sure, but I'd like to see the eye a little better defined. Otherwise excellent! Hope you're having a good time!

Ramon M. Casares
07-12-2008, 11:25 PM
Amazing bird and shot, in my laptop noe too and I see a few whites a bit burned, also, the dark BG doesn't help to make the bird stand out much, still, and amazing amanzing shot that I would love to have shot. Congratiulations!!

Manos Papadomanolakis
07-13-2008, 02:21 AM
Great pose,composition and bg,
agree with Doug,I would like to see the eye a little better defined!

Judy Lynn Malloch
07-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Already I am suffering evy Alfred and I know this is just the beginning. Great looking bird and a very dramatique image. Love the regal pose and the composition of this one. I agree a little more catchlight but would love to have this in my files. Wish You the BEST time and lots of photo ops. Hugs for Fabs too.

Arthur Morris
07-13-2008, 06:48 PM
While seeing all the boxes on the calibration strip, the head of the bird is too dark and blends with the BKGR. I like the rocks and the COMP. Best of luck with the rest of the trip.

Mike Lentz
07-14-2008, 08:33 AM
You better get some homeruns out of that trip! :D Nice image, looking forward to seeing more from you guys.:)