PDA

View Full Version : Waterbuck

Dorian Anderson
09-17-2022, 04:25 PM
This beast appeared at the same iSimangaliso roadside as the zebra I posted last time. There was a backing hillside in this instance, so I couldn't replicate the strong rim light effect. That said, I'm really happy with the symmetrical view of the impressive horns.

Canon 600mm f/4 IS II on EOS R5
1/400 at f/5.6, ISO 3200
Processed in LR CC. Cloned out a bright bit of grass hanging out of the animal's mouth. Also cleaned up a few minor irregularities in the grass in front and behind.

Jonathan Ashton
09-18-2022, 01:36 AM
Waterbuck I like the light, looks very good to me, details are very good. Always difficult to know where to chop of the body, this choice seems fine. The more I look the more I like it, the horns are the first thing I look at and then I get drawn in to those beautiful eyes..... and rim lit ears!

Brian Sump
09-20-2022, 11:07 PM
Such a sweet frame Dorian. Wish it were mine!

Gabriela Plesea
09-21-2022, 12:52 PM
Very nice image, Dorian. Well composed and I like the light and warmth. Beautiful pose. Isimangaliso is so close to Hluhluwe, wish I knew you were here so I could pop in and say hi:S3:

Kind regards,

Basil Dardagan
09-22-2022, 10:34 AM
Another wonderful result from an average opportunity. Exposure seems perfect and i agree that you have cropped the Waterbuck 'in a place' that works really well. Always love their heart shaped noses