PDA

View Full Version : Fiesty LBJ

Steve Kaluski
08-08-2022, 08:26 AM
The garden is a sea with Blackbirds and Robins this year, plus a new visitor... a pair of Bullfinches, which is nice. :bg3:

Robins are great company in the garden, but notorious in being feisty, protecting their patch from others. This one was asserting his presence when a juvenile overstepped the boundary lines.

Thanks to those who commented or viewed the last posting.

Steve

Subject: Robin (Erithacus rubecula)
Camera: Canon EOS R5
Lens: EF200-400mm f/4L IS USM EXT
Exposure: 1/2000s at f/6.3 ISO3200
Original format: Landscape, almost FF, a sliver off the top, FF width
Processed via: LRCC 11.4.1 & PSCC 23.4.2

Jonathan Ashton
08-08-2022, 11:25 AM
I like the pose he looks as if he is about to open his bill , exquisite feather detail and ideal colours, interesting perch. The image has much in it's favour.

Steve Kaluski
08-08-2022, 11:33 AM
Cheers Jon, but probably needs a head turn. :bg3:

exquisite feather detail and ideal colours,

Down to the MP count which you have, managed to finally get rid of the slight cast in the light tail feathers too, just lateral thinking. Need a better backdrop, dark green is not always the best for PP.

Gabriela Plesea
08-10-2022, 02:17 PM
Dear Steve,

I like the dark green BG :S3: Superb detail on the bird and gorgeous colours. Love the pose. Would not change a thing here - works for me as presented, very well captured and processed - thank you so much for sharing!

Warmest regards,

Steve Kaluski
08-10-2022, 03:09 PM
Thank you Gabriela. :S3:

Andreas Liedmann
08-12-2022, 01:56 AM
hi Steve ... very nice pose of the Robin , a slight head turn would have taken this up a notch but I think it works as presented .
i am more than ok with the BG in general , but would keep an eye on potential posterization .
colors and tones are more than spot on :bg3:.
the perch is what it is ....

nice work from your backyard and tfs Andreas

Steve Kaluski
08-12-2022, 01:59 AM
The minor posterisation is due to compression, prints out perfectly, but thank you. :S3: