PDA

View Full Version : Noisy Miner

Colin Driscoll
07-31-2022, 01:09 AM
Got my R5 back from Canon and this is me trying not to be scared of high iso!
R5 EF 600 f4 III 1.4x III 840mm HH
1/2500 f7.1 iso20,000 manual exp
ACR PS2022 NR Neat Image 9 3 passes Curves Sharpen FF

Andreas Liedmann
07-31-2022, 06:11 AM
hi Colin i do lift my hat , you have come a long way ..... to be able to get shots with this iq . very well done even more with these iso values !!!!!

image does look good all around , very well processed ... fine details , lovely colors ( albeit they are kind of subjective in every image ) and a nice tonal range . think you can add a little more brightness to the darker tones as a possible alternative .

nicely done and a pleasure to see your developed skills

tfs Andreas

Joseph Przybyla
07-31-2022, 06:37 AM
Hi Colin, the bird looks really good. I do think as Andreas suggested that the darks/blacks could be raised a bit. Regarding your comment on high ISO's, disregard the numbers, just make sure you either nail the exposure or over expose if possible. Do not under expose. Thank you for sharing.

Jonathan Ashton
07-31-2022, 06:52 AM
I agree with the previous comments, as a suggestion I would consider making the greens a little less dense

Arthur Morris
07-31-2022, 05:25 PM
The bird is a stunner and everything looks great to me. The scraggly tree is the scraggly tree but the bird is so beautiful that I do not care :) It looks like ISO 400! The greens look fine to me. You might wish to open up the dark tones around the face and head.

Way to go!

with love, artie

Arthur Morris
07-31-2022, 05:25 PM
ps: Is this species different from the Quiet Miner?

a

Colin Driscoll
07-31-2022, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the positive comments, appreciated.
Artie, lol, there are 4 Miner species in OZ and none of them quiet.
Two species are not often encountered being in more uninhabited arid lands, while the Noisy Miner is well adapted to semi urban habitat and on the extreme end of noisiness.
There is the Bell Miner which does have a more musical clink call but then a harsh alarm call.