PDA

View Full Version : Long Eared Owl

Andreas Liedmann
07-23-2022, 11:15 AM
Hi all ... have not posted for a couple of days , still struggling with one hand to use for everything in life for the moment .
so it is somewhat difficult to,,process imagers when you are to short cuts and work with both hands all the time .
workflow is a bit different for the time being .... but things will change soon .
image taken last year in the nearby neighborhood , this is the male off the couple that was nesting here .
they did not come back ... sadly .

canon eon 1dx iii
ef 500 is l ii + 1,4 tc
hh

f 5,6 , iso 16.000 , 1/1000 sec , man exp

processed with C12 and pscc 2022 , slight crop for comp .

it could be discussed if the colors should be that intense .... but I thought it does look ok .

thanks for looking and commenting to my previous postings .

cheers Andreas

Randy Stout
07-23-2022, 11:57 AM
Andreas:

Love the sleepy look. My first impression when looking at the image was that it was just a bit over saturated. I don't know this bird, just the overall impression about the saturation.

Nice noise control at this ISO. Effective composition.

Good luck with your hand.

Mike Poole
07-24-2022, 09:29 AM
I like the 'peeping through the foliage' affect, just wish that the far trunk wasn't going directly through the owls head. The colours do look a little intense compared the LEOs I see locally but great to have one at eye level to you. I missed out on one near me nesting low down, didn't find out about it until a conversation a year later sadly, and it adds so much more to a shot as opposed to shooting upwards

Mike

Jonathan Ashton
07-24-2022, 02:37 PM
Super clean shot, I like the angle, I am sure you will have guessed but I also thing oversaturated.

Andreas Liedmann
07-24-2022, 04:14 PM
thanks folks for your comments , much appreciated .
you might have been right regarding the color , matter of taste .
but here you go ... did some quick work on it .

thx again Andreas

Randy Stout
07-25-2022, 05:27 AM
Andreas:

I prefer the redo. Looks more natural to my eye.

Randy

Andreas Liedmann
07-25-2022, 08:42 AM
thanks Randy ... I do actually like the RP also more :bg3::bg3:
could go even a bit cooler ,imho

Jonathan Ashton
07-28-2022, 02:36 AM
Andreas repost better..... may go even a little more in that direction.

Andreas Liedmann
07-28-2022, 03:36 AM
thanks Jon .... no no want to keep the colors alive not muted , might be that I am used to more colors than you boys on the rainy island called Great Britain :w3:t3

Arthur Morris
07-31-2022, 07:45 PM
I like the repost better because you removed the gray pole that was sticking out of its head :)

with love, artie