PDA

View Full Version : Next Year's Thanksgiving Dinner?

Daniel Cadieux
07-21-2022, 07:21 PM
Wild Turkeys have taken territory in a popular local conservation area the past couple of years, and they've become mega-accustomed to people. They've also had babies the past two years, and even then they stay calm and relaxed around human presence. I missed them last year, but this year made a concerted effort to get some images of the babies before they lose their cuteness. There were nine of them + mom sticking around close. This one poult came in real close. Such a treat!

Canon R6 + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/3200s., f/5.6, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, small crop to help the comp.

Randy Stout
07-22-2022, 07:25 AM
Daniel:

So cute, great POV (per usual). Nice catchlight, exposure. Crop works for me.

Do you find yourself using the flip up screen a lot for your low angle shots? Or are you still crawling around on your belly like a reptile?

Cheers

Randy

Daniel Cadieux
07-22-2022, 05:14 PM
Randy, on occasion I do use the flip up screen, but I find it easier to pan moving subjects in the reptile-style, so I still use that more often:c3:

Andreas Liedmann
07-23-2022, 08:04 AM
Hi Daniel ... super sweet portrait of this chick .
nice comp , lovely fine details rendered in combo with a great iq as expected from yours .
color and tone right on the money for me , just wish for a bit more DOF .... you had room to bump up the iso .

nice work and rtfs Andreas

Mike Poole
07-24-2022, 09:31 AM
Another spot on image Dan, perfect positioning - both you being low and the bird being almost square on!

Mike

Arthur Morris
07-31-2022, 07:59 PM
Wickedly good. I have them at ILE and they are very, very skittish.

with love, artie