PDA

View Full Version : Brown fish owl

Sabyasachi Patra
07-12-2008, 10:08 AM
This is a vertical composition of the Brown fish owl (Ketupa Zeylonensis) posted earlier. Shot in Bandhavgarh National Park, India. They feed mostly on fish, small mammals, frogs etc. They can be found on a big tree near a stream or river. I found this one safely perched on a tree. Its parents were keeping a watch from a tree nearby.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Shot at 800mm (Canon EF 400mm F2.8 L IS USM, EF 2xII), f8, 1/40 secm ISO 400. Full frame.

Doug Brown
07-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Great eye contact Sabyasachi! Love the open beak too. The OOF green leaves on the left are a significant distraction for me. I'd crop much tighter and do as much as you can to remove the leaves. Thanks for posting!

Fabs Forns
07-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Extremely interesting bird. Agree on getting a tighter crop because of distractions.

Jim Poor
07-12-2008, 06:54 PM
I like the wide view in this one. It makes the image a bit of a "hey, where's the bird" sort of exercise. Then, once you find it, it says a lot about the environment and the camouflage colors.

Ramon M. Casares
07-12-2008, 11:31 PM
Although it is true that the OOF green leaves on the left are a significant distraction, I would try to remove them without crop, my be clone stampo or something can help, as I love the composition you have chosen. Congrats!

Arthur Morris
07-14-2008, 05:47 PM
This guy is so, so cute and the look on its face so, so precious that I spent 20 mintues on the repost. Not many pixels to work with but if someone really good took a crack at this optimized TIFF there are lots of possibilities.