PDA

View Full Version : Bore You With Tigers - 12

haseeb badar
07-04-2022, 12:55 AM
Hello everyone.

Another image from recent tiger trip to Bandhavgarh. This female has recently given birth to a litter of four and hence needs to be constantly hunting to feed the family. This was one such morning when she was on the prowl and was stalking a herd of deers. She emerged silently out of the woods and doing so gave us a look before stealthily moving in the bushes. Whether the hunt materialised or not is a story for some other day.

DPP 4.13, PSCC 23, WB, curves, selective colour, 1 and of NR, sharpening , slightly removed the plant across its body.

Canon 1DX MK II, Canon 200-400mm @560 mm, Bean Bag support.

ss 1/1600, f/5.6, iso 4000

Looking forward for all your comments and suggestions , be it of any nature.

Haseeb.

Jonathan Ashton
07-04-2022, 03:48 AM
I really like this one very much, if the word "predator" needed a visual description then this is it. I like the composition and the colours, the small branch is a little unfortunate but I can live with that.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
07-04-2022, 10:10 AM
A lovely sighting and image Haseeb. I like the lit tiger amidst the darker forest surroundings. She sure is in stealth more and seems focussed! Good techs as well.

Gabriela Plesea
07-05-2022, 11:12 AM
Dear Haseeb,

Wow. Lots to look at here and the pose from the tigress is simply superb. I am also taken with those massive tree trunks, what beautiful environment! Nicely framed and I like all that space you allowed on the LHS of the frame for the subject to move into. Love those scattered leaves on the ground. Colours look good/natural overall and consistent with the lighting conditions.

The only tiny (nitpicking:t3) observations I have are as follows:

1. the right side of the tigress's face lacks a bit of definition - I do understand that the LHS of the face is in the shade so more contrasty, but perhaps you could enhance a bit the other side, or add a tad of contrast by whatever means?

2. on the LHS of the face the pupil is right in the centre while on the RHS it is situated a bit higher up - did you do some work on the eyes?

Amazing sighting and you should be super pleased with this frame, here's a quick RP to just show you what I meant by enhancing the paler side of the face, did not touch the eyes though.

Have a beautiful evening, thank you so much for sharing and...I will never get bored with your tigers!!!

Kind regards,

haseeb badar
07-05-2022, 10:13 PM
Thank you Jon , Doc and Gabriela .

@ Gabriela - those subtle changes have definitely improved this a bit. Also, I haven’t done anything to the eyes , the pupils are positioned that way only , may be due to the light on one pupil has caused that effect ?

Andreas Liedmann
07-06-2022, 06:06 AM
Hi haseeb ... super cool image in a cool setting .
love the depth due to the location and the subject in stealth mode , very well captured .
overall comp top noch , as well as good tonal range and colors .
personally I might try to lift the tiger and burn the leafs in front of her ... without looking fake .

TFS A

Gabriela Plesea
07-06-2022, 11:16 AM
Thank you Jon , Doc and Gabriela .

@ Gabriela - those subtle changes have definitely improved this a bit. Also, I haven’t done anything to the eyes , the pupils are positioned that way only , may be due to the light on one pupil has caused that effect ?

It's possible, Haseeb. Just looked a bit odd, but not a big deal.
I did not do much to the face, just accentuated a bit the paler side:tinysmile_shy_t:

haseeb badar
07-06-2022, 12:09 PM
Thank you Andreas .