View Full Version : Tawny Owl 2

William Dickson
06-30-2022, 01:22 PM
Canon R6
f/4 400mm DO Mk2 at 560mm
f/5.6
1/1000
ISO 2500

Another from the set up......Almost full frame(clipped)....Slightly cropped for comp....I was on another bird, when the Owl dropped onto the perch, and managed a few shots before it settled....Gimbal Head attached to a plate...ACR, Topaz DN and PS.......

Will

Brian Sump
06-30-2022, 02:35 PM
Will, normally wing cut off shots are tough to make work. I actually am good here though, as the location of the face and intensity of the eyes as well as the composition with the heavy lichened stump draw attention.

Such a cool look on the subjects face. Tones are really nice throughout. Nicely shot!

kevin Hice
06-30-2022, 04:52 PM
William another great one. Love all the detail on the face and breast feathers is superb. The intensity of those eyes draws you right in. TFS

Jonathan Ashton
07-01-2022, 02:33 AM
Super shot Will, the owl looks well detailed and colours/tones excellent. I like the stump and background colours this time too!!

Paul Burdett
07-01-2022, 05:40 PM
Ditto the positives here Will. The intensity of the stare here makes this image for me. Love the overall composition and detail you've captured here. Nicely done!

Gabriela Plesea
07-02-2022, 08:44 AM
Awesome capture, Will!

Great pose from this owl and nice colours, good background, don't mind the cut off wings one bit. Perch looks good too. Well processed, I so enjoyed viewing!

How can you get so lucky...I am jealous:bg3:

Kind regards,

Andreas Liedmann
07-03-2022, 11:01 AM
hi will .... very nice capture , I do not mind the clipped wings .

tfs Andreas

William Dickson
07-05-2022, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the comments, very much appreciated.

Will

Arthur Morris
07-05-2022, 01:28 PM
It looks pissed! I like that the wings are cut not clipped. But the clipped tail bugs the heck out of me. Do you have the whole tail in the original? If not, I would crop more from the bottom. Cutting is always more pleasing than clipping.

with love, artie

William Dickson
07-07-2022, 03:32 AM
It looks pissed! I like that the wings are cut not clipped. But the clipped tail bugs the heck out of me. Do you have the whole tail in the original? If not, I would crop more from the bottom. Cutting is always more pleasing than clipping.

with love, artie

Hi Artie, thanks for that.....I don't have the whole tail, I'll crop more from the bottom, see what it looks like, as you suggested.....

Will

Steve Kaluski
08-08-2022, 06:45 AM
I like this a lot Will, it has attitude and the rendering of colours is far better and more ‘realistic’. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

William Dickson
08-10-2022, 11:03 AM
I like this a lot Will, it has attitude and the rendering of colours is far better and more ‘realistic’. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

Thanks for that Steve....