PDA

View Full Version : Sanderling In Breeding Plumage.

Daniel Cadieux
06-28-2022, 07:54 PM
We don't see these guys in the Spring as they usually zip right by us towards the north - contrary to the fall when they do stop over, but in their non-breeding or juvenal plumages. So it was a real treat for me to photograph this individual as it spend a single day along a local beach on June 5th.

Canon R6 + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/1250s., f/5.6, ISO 400, natural light, handheld while prone on the ground, small crop to help the comp, toned down the whites on the chest and belly via burn tool. A few specks removed on the water via spot removal.

Kurt Bowman
06-29-2022, 07:11 AM
Love the breeding colors, the reflection and BG! Very well done Daniel!

Brian Sump
06-30-2022, 02:32 PM
A peach of a shot Daniel. The still water brings out an ethereal feel.

The colors in the diagonal bkg add too. Nicely exposed.

Surely you didn't get on in focus a frame or to later by chance?

Jonathan Ashton
07-01-2022, 02:38 AM
This all comes together so well as a composition, the colours look super, I don't think I have seen a Sanderling in these colours before.

Paul Burdett
07-01-2022, 05:51 PM
Another Cadieux gem:S3:. Love everything about this image. Low POV, colours, BG, pose HA. Superb.

Daniel Cadieux
07-04-2022, 06:23 AM
A peach of a shot Daniel. The still water brings out an ethereal feel.

The colors in the diagonal bkg add too. Nicely exposed.

Surely you didn't get on in focus a frame or to later by chance?

Thanks Brian! If you are referring to a foot out of the water frame, then no...it waded across the small puddle slowly, never lifting a foot up above the water surface

Gabriela Plesea
07-08-2022, 11:11 AM
Beautiful frame and I like everything about it, Daniel. Superb colours and detail, well exposed. Well processed and presented, thank you for sharing!

Kind regards,