PDA

View Full Version : Semi-palmated Plover Hop & Fly

David Pugsley
06-28-2022, 12:36 PM
Bathing shorebirds are probably my favorite subject. On this day the bathing activity was very limited, but I'm always scanning for activity. I saw this SPPL just in the nick of time to capture him as he hopped out of the water and flew off. The quick subject acquisition left my framing lacking so I added canvas to the top and right. The HA just missed the catchlight so I added one.

Sony a1
Sony 600 f/4 + 1.4x
1/2500, f/5.6, ISO640
Sorted in PhotoMechanic, RAW edited in LR, final touches in PS and NR with Topaz.

kevin Hice
06-28-2022, 07:22 PM
David love the colors in the background and the head is sharp where it needs to be. Water droplets add to the story. For me I just wish the wings were more extended. But you were lucky to get anything. How many times does that happen to all of us. TFS

Kurt Bowman
06-29-2022, 07:07 AM
Nice action and love the water droplets! Agree the wings were a bit unfortunate but out of your control. Love the sharp eye and head, but I do find myself wishing you had a touch more DOF. Love the BG

Brian Sump
06-30-2022, 02:43 PM
A dandy David!

The colors here are super. Love how they stack horizontally behind.

Just enough head angle on the subject and decent eye contact. The drops add too.

TFS sir.

Jonathan Ashton
07-01-2022, 02:35 AM
Lovely shot I like the wing position and the delicate background colours.

Gabriela Plesea
07-03-2022, 02:34 AM
Wonderful image David and colours are superb. Love the pose from the bird and those water droplets add to the story. Face is sharp with good detail.

I truly enjoyed viewing - thank you for sharing,

Kind regards,

Arthur Morris
08-14-2022, 05:52 PM
Late to the party. Very sweet. I love the footsies, the soft light, and the slight head turn. AF Method?

with love, artie

Arthur Morris
08-14-2022, 05:53 PM
ps: no hyphen in the name :)

a

David Pugsley
08-14-2022, 07:56 PM
Late to the party. Very sweet. I love the footsies, the soft light, and the slight head turn. AF Method?

with love, artie

Almost certainly tracking zone, but I’d have to double check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk