PDA

View Full Version : I'm HUNGRY!

Steve Wheeler
07-12-2008, 05:57 AM
Taken at the very end of the day... Not much light at all.

Canon 40D & 100-400 @ 400, ISO 1600, f5.6 @ 1/200, on camera flash used.

Steve

Gus Cobos
07-12-2008, 07:59 AM
I like the little guy Steve,
Placement in frame is good. What was he telling you anyway???:eek:;):D:cool:

Julie Kenward
07-12-2008, 08:56 AM
There are many good things going on in this image, Steve. Your composition is very nice as is the DOF and the sharpness. I think it would be even stronger if you cloned out that bright line of light directly underneath his chin, though. I love that you got one of his eyes to make eye contact and that you got a catch light in that eye as well - would have been even stronger if you had caught both eyes that way - he would have been unforgetable! All in all, it's a lovely whimsical image!

Steve Wheeler
07-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Thanks Gus... As I was laying down on the very soggy lake shore in the weeds I think he was saying "Watch out for the snakes!":eek:

Julie... Thank you very much for your comments. I would've LOVED to have caught both eyes, and did in another frame... But he wasn't talking to me then.:( I felt this was a better trade. As for the light across his chin... That's going to have to stay there until I get up to speed on CS3.:o

As always... Thank you guys for taking a look and telling me what you think!:D

Steve

Dave Phillips
07-12-2008, 01:19 PM
a really nice one Steve.....it's what I call a smile maker.
I think cropping off the top to just below that ul dark area may add a bit to the comp

Jim Poor
07-12-2008, 06:52 PM
Steve this is just wonderful. It has a bit of a soft glow / portrait / selective focus thing going on which I really like. It also might be a good candidate for an Orton Treatment or any of the other soft glow producing actions that are all over the web.

As for the light on the chin, the patch tool would take care of that really easily. Just circle and drag.

Sharna Lee
07-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Steve,
This is a sweet image! I really think it's one of those clear winners. I agree about the white line on the chin. And as Jim mentioned....that patch tool is a breeze. Just circle the line and drag it down toward his chest, and when you let go it will amazingly be gone then just deselect and check for yourself. *the circle doesn't have to be perfect either. more of an oblong shape but not perfect* ;)
This shot deserves that much effort.:D :D ;)

Sharna

Ed Cordes
07-12-2008, 09:40 PM
"Watch out for the snakes" ! Sounds like one smart bird! I agree witht he suggestion above to crop a bit off the top.