PDA

View Full Version : Gannet from Helgoland IX

Andreas Liedmann
06-17-2022, 04:40 PM
Hi folks another flight shot in different light ... almost backlit on a evening when the sun was peaking through the clouds for a short while .
The reds in the plumage are the reflection from the red rock where the Gannets have the breeding colony .

Canon EOS R3
EF 70 - 200 IS L II
HH

F 8 ; Iso 5000 ; 1/2500 sec ; man exp

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2022 ; cropped for pano
Left the rocks in the water visible , to avoid a total structureless BG

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
06-18-2022, 04:41 AM
Very nice image Andreas,

I like the pose from the bird, head angle, wing position. The seaweed adds interest and points to behaviour (nesting, breeding).
Good thinking re. including the rocks in the water, they add context. Well processed and nice detail, good colours. Framing works for me.
A pleasure to view, thank you for sharing,

Kind regards,

Jonathan Ashton
06-19-2022, 05:55 AM
Well detailed and natural looking colours, well lit and an interesting pose with nesting material, a good shot.

Arthur Morris
06-19-2022, 02:37 PM
Very nice, and I love that the bird is flying toward you. Are the grey streaks in the background seaweed on the ocean?

with love, artie

Andreas Liedmann
06-20-2022, 04:22 AM
Thanks Arthur ... the streaks are rocks that are visible when the tide is lower at some point . At high tide they are not visible

Daniel Cadieux
06-21-2022, 12:59 PM
Nice pose with the swooping wings. Nesting material adds interest - and good thing that one protrusion was not longer to obstruct the eye!