View Full Version : Toadily Yours

Chris Hansen
07-12-2008, 01:56 AM
Canon 10D
ISO 100
Phoenix 100 macro f4.5 @ 1/60th sec
Homeade Gold reflector
Old beat up bogen 3021 tripod w/ 3055 ballhead

While staying in a well known chain motel in North Carolina I kept hearing scratching noises through out the night. The room also smelled slightly musty. When packing up in the morning i noticed something moving behind the lamp base. It was a toad! With the help of my son and daughter as animal wranglers I took a picture of it outside our room in the crotch of a small tree.
I wish I had just a touch more depth of field on the top of the head.
God's blessings to all,

Chris

Julie Kenward
07-12-2008, 05:39 AM
Love the overall gold reflection in this, Chris. I also love the way the eye and the center of the tree are lined up as the focal points, drawing you into the center of your image. The best part, though, is the stubby whorls on the tree that mimic the "landscape" of the toad! Excellent!!!

Lana Hays
07-12-2008, 05:45 AM
Chris
I can just visualize the wranglers at work!!!! The light is very nice and I like the position of the toad. More DOF would have been nice but.....you have the eye sharp and I think it works for that reason. It's helpful to post larger sized images as it's easier to critique.

Gus Cobos
07-12-2008, 08:35 AM
Nicely done Chris,
I like the composition. The eye is clear with good depth of field...and he is balanced in frame...good show...:cool:

James Shadle
07-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Chris,
This may help with the image size.
http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=839
James