PDA

View Full Version : motif: Sunrise

Katie Rupp
07-12-2008, 01:03 AM
This is one of those "I got lucky" times as I was actually trying for bird images in early morning light when I turned around and saw this sunrise and BIF as a bonus. Thanks for looking and C&C is much appreciated.

Canon 40D; Manual, f5, 1/6400; eval; ISO 320; 100-400 @130mm

George DeCamp
07-12-2008, 04:36 AM
Hi Katie!

I like this one Katie! Normally I would have said to crop a little off the top or side but for some reason the more I look at this the more I like it just as is. I still might be tempted to try a little off the top to see how it looks.

Since the birds are flying out of the frame I might would suggest giving them more room to fly out, so more room on the left is a thought. Sometimes we break rules though.;)

Looks like a sweet scene and you made a really nice image from it!!

Nonda Surratt
07-12-2008, 04:52 AM
G'mornin Katie! Really, really like this!! A LOT! Pretty high impact image IMO..NICE!

I think a bit off the top?

Gus Cobos
07-12-2008, 07:27 AM
Hi Katie,
I love it as is. It has a warm feeling. I like the position of the birds...:cool:

Lisa Williams
07-12-2008, 03:07 PM
Hi Katie, I too love this shot. If you had any space left I might add it back in. When I first looked I thought the same as George, to take a little off the top. But the more I look at it - I've decided I really like the "hole" in the clouds near the top.

Katie Rupp
07-12-2008, 10:53 PM
thanks all, I also debated whether to crop the top a bit more but decided to keep more of those dramatic clouds, but could go the other way, as well.

Sharna Lee
07-12-2008, 11:01 PM
Kaitie,
I've come upon this image throughout the day and I have been meaning to tell you how lovely I think this image is.
I love the top of the image. And the birds position doesn't bother me either.
This image is beautiful. I would be proud to call it mine.

Sharna