View Full Version : Barn Swallow

William Dickson
05-26-2022, 05:25 PM
Canon 1DX Mk2
f/4 400mm DO Mk2 at 800mm
f/8
1/800
ISO 2500

Just returned from a weeks trip to the Isle of Mull....It was a total washoot....Mostly heavy rain and high winds everyday....My trip to Lunga Island for the Puffins was cancelled due to the severe weather .. Anyway, I spent the days driving around the island and came across a few Barn Swallows nesting in a nearby old shack....some were perching, and preening ....I managed to get in a good position using the vehicle as a hide, and resting on the beanbag......After approx 2 hours... this one showed the stretched tail for the first time......The pose I was waiting for...ACR, Topaz DN and PS.

Will

Paul Burdett
05-28-2022, 01:51 AM
Hi Will. Certainly worth the wait! I know from experience how long you have to wait to get these guys to pose for you. Love the pose, BG and processing here. Well done!

Dorian Anderson
05-28-2022, 07:37 AM
Super fun pose. Glad to hear you were able to salvage something. If you haven't already pushed it, I would suggest a touch more sharpening. But you might be at the limits of what you're gonna get with the 2x. A very nice, flat light result though

Steve Kaluski
05-28-2022, 10:36 AM
Hi Will, a tad more to the RHS and less on the LHS so it's let 'central'. Sharpness looks good to me, but the Blue and Tan looks/appears a bit flat, needs a bit more beefing up. Killer backdrop.

TFS
Steve

William Dickson
05-28-2022, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the comments...much appreciated. Blue and Tan noted Steve....

Will

Andreas Liedmann
05-28-2022, 01:06 PM
Hi Will ... looks good to me all around .
Nice one and TFS Andreas

Arthur Morris
05-30-2022, 03:05 PM
Gorgeous wing stretch. What is the perch???

Why so centered????

with love, arite

Arthur Morris
05-30-2022, 03:06 PM
ps: Is a washoot like a washout?

with love, a

William Dickson
05-30-2022, 03:50 PM
Gorgeous wing stretch. What is the perch???

Why so centered????

with love, arite

Thanks Artie....The perch is thin rusted wire....Looking back on it, I agree about the position of the bird in the frame...Aye....washoot is a washout....sort of like how we also say anyhoo instead of anyhow....

Will