PDA

View Full Version : Sharing is Caring

Brian Sump
05-24-2022, 04:34 PM

Another capture from the amazing Santa Clara Ranch near South Padre Island, TX.

During mating season the male Cardinal will present food for his mate. Was blessed to capture the interaction on such a picturesque perch. The fact that we don't get these in Denver makes it more special to me.

Chose to leave the seed remnants as it is part of the story- personal pref

Canon R6
600mm
Tripod
ISO 2500
1/2500
f5.6

LR and PS, NI for noise. Slight crop. Removed one faint dropping from the bottom of the perch.

Ian McLachlan
05-24-2022, 10:42 PM
Excellent .I wouldn't change a thing.

Kurt Bowman
05-25-2022, 08:41 AM
Great interaction and excellent composition Brian! Techs look great. Really great job!

dankearl
05-25-2022, 09:18 PM
Bird Photography does not get much better. Very well done.

Daniel Cadieux
05-26-2022, 05:11 AM
Awwwww. I'm on the fence about the seeds, but like your reasoning for leaving them. Beautiful all-around! We had Northern Cardinals build a nest right outside our kitchen window last month. From the get-go a Blue Jay had its eyes on it...we shooed it away multiple times when we could...but since we cannot be there all the time it got to the nestlings when they were one week old and seemingly thriving too.

Andreas Liedmann
05-26-2022, 01:37 PM
Dan was taking about being on the fence , just because of some seeds .... well I am on the same fence , sitting and enjoying this wonderful capture !!!! :bg3::5

Stunning image Brian , a well timed action / behavioral image . Nicely processed .... absolutely no nits from my side .

Superbly done

TFS Andreas

Daniel Cadieux
05-26-2022, 01:43 PM
Andreas, perhaps I did not express myself correctly but I am on the fence only in regards to the seeds' presence or not...but as for the image as a whole I am certainly not on the fence about it as it is a wow from me as well:S3:

Andreas Liedmann
05-26-2022, 02:00 PM
Dan you got me wrong or I did not express myself correctly .... I got you right with your wording , just wanted to be funny by using your " fence wording " for my own comment . Hope we are clear now ... we both like this image a lot :bg3:

Daniel Cadieux
05-26-2022, 02:23 PM
Well, there you go, we are on the same fence and it's all good:bg3:

William Dickson
05-26-2022, 06:05 PM
I'm on the same fence... :w3 ....This is perfecto Brian....wouldn't change a thing....The colours and contrast look real good showing very nice detail on both birds....And, what a perch....A tender moment very well captured...

Good work

Will

Arthur Morris
05-29-2022, 02:53 PM
Neat birds, beautiful perched, and great timing. Good work on the REDs. Not a fan of the dark area angling above the female's head. Personal preference: lose the seed casings :)

with love, artie