PDA

View Full Version : Skylark (Alauda arvensis)

Jonathan Ashton
05-10-2022, 06:51 AM
Typically these birds are high in the sky or skulking around in grass, occasionally they perch on fences.
OM System OM-1
Focal length in 35 mm film : 841.0mm
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
ISO : 1000
Exposure compensation : +0.7 EV
Shutter : 1/2500 sec
Aperture : F6.3

ACR/PSCC

Kurt Bowman
05-11-2022, 02:03 PM
Are those wind blown feathers on the head or a crest? Sorry, I don't know the species. I do wish it was a more natural perch, but you cannot control where they land. I think it needs a slight CCW rotation.

Jonathan Ashton
05-11-2022, 02:07 PM
Are those wind blown feathers on the head or a breast? Sorry, I don't know the species. I do wish it was a more natural perch, but you cannot control where they land. I think it needs a slight CCW rotation.
Hi Kurt the skylark has a crest. The camera was straight but the fence wasn't! Here is an additional image in habitat

Kurt Bowman
05-11-2022, 04:32 PM
Hi Kurt the skylark has a crest. The camera was straight but the fence wasn't! Here is an additional image in habitat

Thanks Jon. I just saw my typo too. Spellcheck was on auto change lol

Andreas Liedmann
05-13-2022, 11:39 AM
Hi Jon ... very nice to see a different species !!!
Color and Tones looking good ... perch is what it is .
Not sure why . just have the feeling the head is slightly less sharp compared the body facing the viewer .

TFS Andreas

Jonathan Ashton
05-13-2022, 04:23 PM
Thanks Andreas, I suspect your observation is correct.

Volkan Akgul
05-15-2022, 08:50 AM
hi Jon,

Congratulations, it looks very beautiful and natural. Clarity and detail are perfect for me. Different perspectives may yield different results. photo good

Steve Kaluski
05-15-2022, 01:07 PM
Hi Jon, you nicked my fence. :bg3:

Yes the perceptual sharpening still needs a tweak and agree with Andreas on the eye. Overall balance is still off for me, but your call Jon.

TFS
Steve