PDA

View Full Version : Harris Hawk

Kurt Bowman
05-04-2022, 04:14 AM
Currently down in Texas at the Santa Clara Ranch, Haven't been here in 8 years, so having a lot of fun. Weather has been very challenging, but had some fun out at the raptor blind two days ago. Hawks baited with chicken
A1
200-600mm
1/1250 at f/6.3
ISO 6400

gail bisson
05-04-2022, 04:19 AM
What a wonderful, perfectly symmetrical wing position. Love the direct gaze.
Sharp, good exposure.
Only thing I might change is the OOF vertical branch on the right side of the frame.
Gail

Joseph Przybyla
05-04-2022, 07:47 AM
Really nice image... the outstretched wings, intense stare of the bird, the perch all top shelf. Nice work, thank you for sharing.

Steve Kaluski
05-04-2022, 09:05 AM
Hi Kurt, nice Harris Hawk and having the wings outstretched just makes for a cool image. Remember, as this move towards you the faster the lens needs to work and you can find at times you runout of DoF.

The image looks/appears slightly under exposed, there is a lot of grain based on ISO6400, so jut adding some more NR just pulls things together nicely, as there is more detail you can pullout, befitting an image like this. Here some Clarity may help???? If you can get a bit more serparation tonally between subject & BKG helps too.

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
05-04-2022, 01:07 PM
Hi what an impressive capture of this pretty hawk .
Maybe a bit tight ???!!! Just my take .

I would agree with Steve about the " grain / noise " ...

Cool frame and TFS Andreas

William Dickson
05-04-2022, 03:41 PM
Very nice Kurt....What a presence.....Maybe a wee bit tight....Great pose and the BG colours are perfect....Good stare...

Will

Dorian Anderson
05-04-2022, 07:06 PM
The pose is great, but I agree that the IQ could be greatly improved with Steve's suggestions.

I'm kinda hot/cold on these heavily set-up/baited frames from this location, but I understand the attraction.

Arthur Morris
05-07-2022, 01:25 PM
Killer pose. The background is a little too close to the bird for my taste, and the white sticks hurt the image. You could lose those with Content-Aware Fill followed by a Gaussian Blur ... Killer landing pose. As noted above, a bit too tight and the IQ looks a bit funky ...

with love, artie

Brian Sump
05-07-2022, 05:32 PM
I just love this one Kurt. These were a real treat to shoot and you just slayed this one.

Fantastic wing display and a guilt-inflicting stare. Awesome!