PDA

View Full Version : Black-chinned hummingbird

Sharif Uddin
05-02-2022, 02:26 PM
Another species of hummingbird that is currently visiting the feeders in my yard. For this one, I went for left-facing pose! Following Daniels suggestion in the earlier post, I will try to attract them to some flowers using sugar. But for now it yet another hummer in an empty frame. I removed the corner of the feeder from the bottom left. Also filled up a white gap in vegetation at the top right corner.

Processed in C1 Pro, PS CC. Noise reduction in NI.

Nikon D850 + 500mm PF
1/4000s
f/5.6
ISO 1600
EV +0.7 Matrix metering
Handheld
No flash.

Colin Driscoll
05-02-2022, 05:47 PM
Great pose and exposure. Wonderful subtle colors particularly the lilac on the neck.
Maybe a little motion blur in places, other than the wings?

Andreas Liedmann
05-03-2022, 05:22 AM
Hi Sharif ... very well done .
All works well , just wish you had stopped down to F8 for a bit more DOF .

TFS Andreas

Dorian Anderson
05-03-2022, 07:22 PM
This is sweet. Love the detail, fanned tail, and clean BG. Yeah, another stop would have helped, but it's pretty minor. Stopping those wings is tough eve in the perfect light like this. I'd be stoked to have this in my collection.

Kurt Bowman
05-04-2022, 03:57 AM
Very nicely done Sharif! Great job getting the gorget to show, not real easy on a black-chinned. I am fine with the DOF personally because you needed 1/4000 to get the wing freeze, but you could have increased your ISO and stopped down a touch if wanted. As Dorian said, pretty minor.