PDA

View Full Version : Cormoran!

Ramon M. Casares
07-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Hi everybody! Today I finally went out to do what I love, it was a nice day out by myself and my camera, I didn't have the chance to get the best morning light nor the sunset light, but despite that I like this one very much! I love how this birds don't look very preety when they actually are truely beautiful!

C&C are welcome and apreciated!

20D - 70-200 2.8 - Handheld

Tv 800
Av 8.0
ISO 400
EV +1

Have a nice day!

Jodee Novak
07-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Ramon,
Not sure what the experts will say, but IMHO, this image is first rate! Killer BG, perfect head angle (head angle police, am I right???), and the exposure, sharpness, and composition are spot on! I absolutely love how the wing is spread out to the left in the direction the bird is looking. You are right - these birds don't look very beautiful at first glance, but when you get a closer look, they really are remarkable. Their eyes are absolutely mesmerizing.

I have been really enjoying your posts - you do amazing work. Keep it coming!

Mike Milicia
07-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Very striking image, nicely conceived and executed !
Techs look great with nice details in the blacks and sharp throughout.
Background is wonderful.

For my taste, I might try a few tweaks on the comp.
I think I'd like to see it with just a tad more room at the top and about a third less room on the right.

James Shadle
07-11-2008, 11:32 PM
Like Mike said, well conceived image.
Here is a minor compositional tweak that I think makes this a stronger image.
James

Ramon M. Casares
07-11-2008, 11:47 PM
It does change! Thanks for taking the time to do thast James, and thank you too to Jodee and Mike for your apreciations!!!

Steve Wheeler
07-12-2008, 05:59 AM
You have to love the eyes of these birds. I like James repost, but liked your original to! Nice comp and executed very well.

Steve

Gus Cobos
07-12-2008, 08:02 AM
Very nice Ramon,
Balanced in frame, with excellent eye contact. Love the colors. James' repost in adding the canvas on top really does make a difference...:cool:

Julie Kenward
07-12-2008, 09:15 AM
I agree with the others but also wanted to say that the color of your BG being so close to the color of the cormorant's eyes really makes this image pop! What a beautiful capture!

Maxis Gamez
07-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Hi Ramon, What a lovely composition, details and exposure you have here. James re-post works very well. Excellent work!

Ramon M. Casares
07-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Thank you all for your comments I apreciate them very much!!! Have nice day!

Fabs Forns
07-12-2008, 06:59 PM
Both the original and the repost are awesome, very elegant and pleasing to the eyes :)