PDA

View Full Version : Northern Cardinal (f)

Joseph Przybyla
04-21-2022, 08:38 AM
I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 500mm PF. camera and lens supported by a Oben carbon fiber monopod with a Wimberly MonoGimbal head
1/2500 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV +1 ISO 6400 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 500mm (750mm 35mm Equivalent)
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2022 and Topaz Denoise AI
Cropped slightly for composition and presentation

Steve Kaluski
04-21-2022, 01:58 PM
Very nice Joe, lovely colours, with good detail & clarity. For me it's a wee bit tight all round, if you have it, another inch all round especially at the foot would give the subject room to breathe. A quick and easy fix, but I would be tempted to loose the top branch coming in, in the top LHC.

TFS
Steve

kevin Hice
04-21-2022, 03:50 PM
Nice Joe, I agree with Steve as the bird is pretty good size in the frame. I might clone out the bottom branch lower left also or darken it a bit. The colors are spot on for this bird and details are so nice just perfect. Background colors go well with the cardinal. Like that green at the bottom TFS

annmpacheco
04-21-2022, 05:43 PM
Hi Joe, lovely female, colors are pretty. I agree with adding more canvas as well as removing the upper branch. Further a suggestion would be to lose the darker vertical lines in the BG on the back side of cardinal, along with a quick beak clean up. TFS

gail bisson
04-21-2022, 06:07 PM
Lovely IQ on the bird.
I would consider a portrait crop and adding a bit more on the bottom if you have it. Might make the bird feel less tight in the frame.
A bit more of a head turn our way would have been nice but not a deal breaker.
Agree with cloning suggestions.

Joseph Przybyla
04-22-2022, 06:44 AM
Very nice Joe, lovely colours, with good detail & clarity. For me it's a wee bit tight all round, if you have it, another inch all round especially at the foot would give the subject room to breathe. A quick and easy fix, but I would be tempted to loose the top branch coming in, in the top LHC.

TFS
Steve

Hi Steve, thank you for viewing and commenting. The image as posted is pretty much full frame, no more room at the bottom. I was that close to the bird and had the fixed focal length lens, could not go backwards any more. I got a few images and the bird was gone.

Joseph Przybyla
04-22-2022, 06:48 AM
Lovely IQ on the bird.
I would consider a portrait crop and adding a bit more on the bottom if you have it. Might make the bird feel less tight in the frame.
A bit more of a head turn our way would have been nice but not a deal breaker.
Agree with cloning suggestions.

Hi Gail, thank you for viewing and commenting. I happen to have a portrait crop that I cleaned up and added a trick to separate the subject from the background. Here is a repost of that image.

Jonathan Ashton
04-22-2022, 02:25 PM
The repost is excellent Jo. Colours and detail beautiful and the subject stands out very well from the background.

William Dickson
04-22-2022, 05:25 PM
Yep the repost is much better.....Has a 3D look about it......Well done Joe...

Will

Joseph Przybyla
04-29-2022, 10:04 AM
Thanks everyone for viewing and commenting, much appreciated.