Andreas Liedmann
04-11-2022, 05:24 AM
Hi folks ... something different into the mix
Muskrat in evening light when sun was behind clouds

Canon R3
Ef 500 IS L II
HH

F 5,6 ; Iso 20.000 ; 1/1600 sec ; man exp

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2022 ; cropped for comp to about 70 % of FF ; a bit more DOF would have been better but check the techs :w3.

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous thread

Cheers Andreas

Jonathan Ashton
04-11-2022, 11:39 AM
Andreas, the fur details are good, overall the image looks a tad flat to me I would apply a little contrast..... but I do not think that will sit very well!!!!

Andreas Liedmann
04-11-2022, 12:03 PM
Thanks Jon ... much appreciated .

Actually I can't follow your thoughts , adding contrast and then it does not sit very well ??? I am puzzled .... plus I do not see any contrast issues , to be honest . The blacks and whites are pushed to the limit ... what I could do is to add a tiny bit to the mid tones , but only to the subject and for sure not globally .

Cheers Andreas

But here you go .... the boost

haseeb badar
04-11-2022, 08:55 PM
Hi Andreas -- Really liked the close frame of the subject. I liked your RP better , with addition of midtones it certainly has improved the OP.

Overall a very nice portrait.

TFS !

Jonathan Ashton
04-12-2022, 02:44 AM
Yea repost looks a bit better to me.

Andreas Liedmann
04-12-2022, 03:51 AM
Thanks Haseeb ... :bg3:

Ok Jon and Haseeb ... thanks for pointing that out with the boost .

Jon glad I got closer to your taste .... but this is subtle and not global as you asked for .

Jonathan Ashton
04-12-2022, 07:57 AM
Thanks Haseeb ... :bg3:

Ok Jon and Haseeb ... thanks for pointing that out with the boost .

Jon glad I got closer to your taste .... but this is subtle and not global as you asked for .

Every little helps:bg3:

Gabriela Plesea
04-12-2022, 02:23 PM
I too like the repost more, Andreas. Maybe it is because we are used to a lot more 'punch' from you:w3

Well framed, nice DoF, love those fine ripples in the water and that bit of reflection.

Good detail and IQ is great. Lovely image, thank you for sharing!

Kind regards,