PDA

View Full Version : Dead tree

Tony Kirkby
07-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Hi
This is my first post on this forum.
It's the jarrah forest of SW Western Australia.
Thanks for any comments.

Nikon D70
Nikon 18-70
0.8sec
F8
Hoya R72 filter

Harold Davis
07-11-2008, 07:04 PM
i dont know what the R72 filter is, but i must check it out!!!! this is great!!! love the placement of the large tree in the frame and the colors are phenomenal!! great job and congrats on a killer!!!

Alfred Forns
07-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Big Welcome Tony !!! Starting with a roar !!! One fine image !!!

Great composition but like the light must of all Just a great feel !!! The intense sky just rounds it up !!! I like the filter selection !!!

Sharna Lee
07-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Great first post. I looked over this then looked again and it screams at ya. Love it.

Sharna

Tony Kirkby
07-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the comments.
I am never sure that I am doing the right thing with IR. I used the Hoya filter in the past and post processed by almost desaturating then adjusting the individual colour sliders until I have something I like the look of. There are usually many interesting combinations of colour it's just a matter of teasing them out. What works for one image may not for another.
I now use a converted D70 with a clear filter which is far more convenient but is another learning curve of which am still way down the lower end of!!

Tony

Julie Kenward
07-12-2008, 06:09 AM
Beautiful image, Tony! Wow...what a mood you evoked! Carrying the green of the BG throughout the entire photograph is just lovely.

Michael Pancier
07-12-2008, 08:15 AM
I love the composition and the color effect. Personally I like the green in the foreground but not in the upper left of the sky. I really prefer the tones in the mid sky right. Nice work and welcome.

Gus Cobos
07-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Excellent Tony,
nicely done. I like the spooky mood here...details and sharpness are dead on. Post some more using you IR-72 filter...:D and a big welcome to BPN...:cool:

Oscar Zangroniz
07-12-2008, 08:01 PM
Excellent composition Tony. Great details. Now you have to get going with the d70 and post some of your work.
Congrats,