PDA

View Full Version : Pintails

Joan Chasan
07-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Konica minolta 5d. sigma 170-500 lens at 500 (750) 1/2000 sec at f8. ISO 400. Merritt Island, FL. Jan 7, 2008.

James Shadle
07-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Joan,
Beautiful image.
The image is sharp, well exposed and I like the placement in the frame.

I would prefer to see it at 800 pixels wide, this is only 640 pixels wide.

The only thing I can offer is the male Pintail has his head turned slightly away from the image plane.
It is preferable to have the subjects head at least from parallel to the image plane, to looking towards the image plane.

James

Joan Chasan
07-11-2008, 05:29 PM
When I tried to upload it at 800 pix wide it wouldn't let me. said it was too big. was rising it in infanview. not that sure how to do all this

Joan Chasan
07-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Joan,
Beautiful image.
The image is sharp, well exposed and I like the placement in the frame.

I would prefer to see it at 800 pixels wide, this is only 640 pixels wide.

The only thing I can offer is the male Pintail has his head turned slightly away from the image plane.
It is preferable to have the subjects head at least from parallel to the image plane, to looking towards the image plane.

James

Fairly new at this - don't understand what you mean???

George DeCamp
07-11-2008, 06:20 PM
If you are asking about the head turn he means the duckie should be looking more at you than away from you like he is now. It's better to have the eye visible also you will get a catch light in it which adds life to the subject.

I might also crop ths closer to the ducks but that is just taste. I nice image, I enjoyed Merritt Island when there a couple yrs back. This brought back memories, keep them coming!!!

Nonda Surratt
07-11-2008, 06:55 PM
Pintails are just grand and I love the colors. Agree with the head angle on the male and I quite like the distance view, nice job!!!

Phil Ertel
07-11-2008, 07:09 PM
Hi Joan,

Nice image with a peaceful feel. I agree that it is sharp and well exposed. You did well in capturing an image where the subjects do not overlap. The placement in frame works for me as well. As other stated I would like to have the birds heads turned more toward the camera or had the image captured when the birds were swimming either parallel or slightly toward the camera. I would also like the birds larger in frame but again that is a matter of preference.

Regards,

Phil

James Shadle
07-11-2008, 09:31 PM
When I tried to upload it at 800 pix wide it wouldn't let me. said it was too big. was rising it in infanview. not that sure how to do all this

It might have been the file size. We have a 200k limit.
James

Katie Rupp
07-12-2008, 12:11 AM
Hi Joan, this has a quiet early morning feel to it and I like it very much.