PDA

View Full Version : Double-barred Finch

Paul Burdett
02-25-2022, 02:18 AM
This was taken recently. Would have preferred the tail to be in front of the wire perch, and more dof in the far leg. Cheers.

D500/500PF, 1/1000th sec@f5.6, iso320, manual mode, hh.

Daniel Cadieux
02-26-2022, 03:01 PM
A bit bright overall, and tight in the frame, and not the best perch. Very good looking bird with lots of detail. Dof does not bother me. Hope you can get it on a natural branch!

Brian Sump
02-26-2022, 04:21 PM
Paul, looks like you were close here. I enjoy seeing a new species and studying it for sure.

From my view, this has several components that just don't work really well for me. First, the wire unfortunately takes away - man made and little or no character. Would have liked to get the right foot in plane as the left is so prominently IF. Crop just too snug for me my friend.

Perhaps you could also tame the whites a bit, seems a touch hot on the beak? Disclaimer - did not pull into PS to check.

Paul Burdett
02-26-2022, 05:57 PM
Thanks Daniel and Brian. The original had the bird framed by the wire all around, so I cropped in. Yes, the perch is not ideal and yes to a bit tight in the frame, but I'm ok with that. More dof...yes. Will look at the whites again. Daniel...this is a common bird here and I have many on a natural perch. May post one at some stage. Cheers.

Arthur Morris
03-02-2022, 11:25 PM
Ditto Dan. What he said.

with love, arite