PDA

View Full Version : Motif: Native Wildflower

Sid Overbey
07-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Walking through the oak savanna behind our house this morning and tried to capture a back lit native false sunflower(?).
Nikon D300
Sigma 150-500@230
F/5.6
1/800s
ISO 400
Av mode
EC +2/3

Thanks for any and all comments.

George DeCamp
07-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Hey Sid!

Beautiful colors, really nice ideaa you had here. I like the image you made. I think for starters though I might try and get rid of the flower on the right, then crop a little more off the right. An argument could be made to leave that flower there also so you have a dilemma here. I would get rid of it myself.

I like the background, some nice colors blending in. Flowers can be really tough to get right.

Harold Davis
07-11-2008, 06:48 PM
i like the direction that the light was coming from here. the bg is fantastic, the mood is great, and the image is fairly simple. i personally like these types of images, but even simpler. there's a couple of things that i think would have made it stronger. i wish the second oof flower were not there for one and i also wish that you could have gotten at least part of the inside of the flower. it's turned away from you. there's also one little oof leaf on the lower left frame that is distracting. if the one flower were not there, you could have cropped to a vertical eliminating that.

looks like you are getting some good use out of that lens!!! keep em coming!

Nonda Surratt
07-11-2008, 07:41 PM
I like it Sid! I think false sunflowers are fun. I like the OOF flower but I think it takes away a bit. In other words if the oof flower was on the left you could crop on the right.

Gus Cobos
07-11-2008, 08:36 PM
Hi Sid,
I like what you were trying to do here. Your main subject is too tall in the frame; thats why the oof flower to the right looks out of place; dosen't quite fit...:( If your main flower were shorter in frame, perhaps the oof flower might better fit. In addition, the flower is looking away; should be presented the other way around...:D Need to clone out the oof leaf on the lower left side of your frame...:cool:

Alfred Forns
07-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Hi Sid I like it a lot and do like the other flower Was thinking maybe having it just a little closer to tighten the image With the long stem a narrower crop would look best !!!

Great vision I like how you are looking at things !!!!

Katie Rupp
07-12-2008, 12:01 AM
You have a beautiful background for your false sunflower, Sid. I like the second flower but agree that it should be closer or even to the left...