PDA

View Full Version : Cooper's Hawk Stroll.

Daniel Cadieux
02-14-2022, 05:01 PM
The same individual I posted earlier, when it began actively patrolling the shallow waters of this narrow creek. Not sure what it was up to, looking like it was simply enjoying the water despite the frigid temperatures. So fun to watch as it came closer and closer, offering a variety of walking poses!

Canon R6 + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/2500s., f/5.6, ISO 3200, natural light, handheld, FF.

Dorian Anderson
02-14-2022, 10:23 PM
What a crazy encounter to see this bird eye-level in a creek! Bird really pops in the high key surrounds. The posture is really different in good ways and bad; it allows for the intense, head-on view, but it also compresses the elegant and elongated form into a blob. This is where I think the raised foot really helps; it suggests motion towards the camera and amplifies the facial intensity. It's a very different shot which works very well.

Sharif Uddin
02-14-2022, 10:23 PM
This is awesome! I love the raise talon and the high key feel of image. The eyes look sharp and I find the head angle engaging. I like the reflection too. Not sure what the orange and black spots are in middle right of the frame. May be worth cloning out.

Steve Kaluski
02-15-2022, 03:43 AM
The low level POV is paramount here Dan, excellent planning. I also like the fact the hawk isn't looking at you, more slightly to the right, past you. Could the orange blob go on the RHS, WDYT????

Nice work and with the R6 you are nailing it!:cheers:

TFS
Steve

Jonathan Ashton
02-15-2022, 10:22 AM
Super shot all action and really impressive, love the low angle and direction of the bird.

Andreas Liedmann
02-15-2022, 01:34 PM
Hi Daniel ... you created a great image from your possible opportunities .
Very nice work in the field and well processed !!!
:5

TFS Andreas