PDA

View Full Version : Chaffinch (M)

Steve Kaluski
02-10-2022, 06:32 AM
A male Chaffinch, not going to win any prizes for this, just liked the overall colour palette considering it was a 'grey' day.

Yes the top of the perch is a bit ugly and narled, but the lichen growing on it gave some nice texture I thought. Backdrop is the bracken dying back in this location that gave a nice, warm, and perhaps intense colour, that tied I thought, nicely with the subject????

Thanks to those who commented or viewed the last posting.

Steve

Subject: Chaffinch (M) (Fringilla coelebs)
Camera: Canon EOS-1D X Mark III
Lens: EF500mm f/4L IS II USM. HH
Exposure: 1/2000s at f/8 ISO2000
Original format: Portrait, FF width, slight crop at the top
Processed via: LRCC 10.5 & PSCC 22.5.1

kevin Hice
02-10-2022, 03:41 PM
Lovely Steve well processed. Like the colors on the bird does go well with your background. For me unfortunately too many lichens takes away from the subject. My eye is really drawn to the bottom. I think a very small piece of lichen on the left side of the perch and another on top in the middle would help soften the perch and take away that rounded look.
again the bird is beautiful. TFS

Gabriela Plesea
02-10-2022, 04:05 PM
...I was just thinking the perch is great... for the bird... because - although kind of gnarled - it is nice and smooth and the subject looks quite comfortable there :w3

Absolutely love those striking colours ( subject as well as lichen and background). Well exposed, nice detail on the bird and perfect head angle. Framing is spot on.

Great PP work - as expected - and I enjoyed viewing, thank you Steve!

Warmest regards,

Kurt Bowman
02-10-2022, 06:42 PM
Very nicely done Steve! I also like the processing and the frame looks great. I have no issue with the perch at all. I find it adds interest for me.

Jonathan Ashton
02-11-2022, 11:58 AM
Clever use of colours Steve - very good indeed.

Dorian Anderson
02-12-2022, 01:11 AM
Perch and BG are great, but I don't like the OOF tail coming right at us. If I'm gonna miss the tail, I want it on the far side of the perch, not the nearer. Processing looks good regardless.

Andreas Liedmann
02-12-2022, 04:32 AM
Hi Steve ... a lovely image of a common bird .
Well done all around in terms of IQ !!!
I am ok with the " different " perch ... and the BG is just gorgeous .Love the bokeh

Personally i might try , as an alternative , darkening the lichen by x% and changing the hue of the BG to a degree to create a slight separation between the bird and the BG

Nice work , TFS Andreas