PDA

View Full Version : Fish Toss...

Joseph Przybyla
02-09-2022, 09:29 AM
Here is one from the past that I captured at Ft. Desoto County Park in Pinellas County, Florida. This image captures a Royal Tern tossing the fish to position it for swallowing. If successful when diving for a fish after regaining flight terns toss the fish for easy swallowing. I have been working past image during it seems a week of cloudy, dark weather. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500Nikon 80-400 F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED, Handheld
1/3200 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 720 Auto WB, image captured at 400mm (600mm 35mm Equivalent)
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2022 and Topaz Denoise AI
Cropped for composition and presentation

Jonathan Ashton
02-09-2022, 10:39 AM
Super shot, good and sharp well done.

Mike Poole
02-09-2022, 11:44 AM
Great timing and I'm glad you left the lower strip of blue at the bottom to break the BG a little.

How close were you to the action? I'm surprised you went with the zoom and converter option - do they come in really close to shore?

Mike

Arthur Morris
02-09-2022, 12:59 PM
Great timing and I'm glad you left the lower strip of blue at the bottom to break the BG a little.

How close were you to the action? I'm surprised you went with the zoom and converter option - do they come in really close to shore?

Mike

Hey Mike, No TC. Just the crop factor of the camera.

much love, artie

Arthur Morris
02-09-2022, 01:04 PM
Hey Joe, This is a real winner! Love the great look at the fish. Am I correct in thinking that the shadow of the fish falls on the upper mandible??? My only wish would be for a better look at the near-underwing.

with love, artie

Steve Kaluski
02-09-2022, 01:18 PM
Now that's the ticket Joe, you are back on form again, cooking on gas.:cheers:

Having the sea in view just elevates the capture it in my book.

TFS
Steve

Joseph Przybyla
02-09-2022, 02:54 PM

Mike

Hi Mike, thank you for viewing and commenting. The birds were diving and feeding as I remember maybe one hundred feet (30 meters) off the surf line.

Joseph Przybyla
02-09-2022, 02:57 PM
Hey Joe, This is a real winner! Love the great look at the fish. Am I correct in thinking that the shadow of the fish falls on the upper mandible??? My only wish would be for a better look at the near-underwing.

with love, artie

Hi Artie, thank you for viewing and commenting. You are correct that is the fish's shadow on the upper mandible. I may have one with a better near wing position but then the fish is out of position.

Joseph Przybyla
02-09-2022, 02:58 PM
Now that's the ticket Joe, you are back on form again, cooking on gas.:cheers:

Having the sea in view just elevates the capture it in my book.

TFS
Steve

Hi Steve, thank you for viewing and commenting. I also like the sea at the bottom of the image. I left it in because I thought it added context to the image and anchored it.

Daniel Cadieux
02-09-2022, 02:59 PM
Congratulations on a fine action image here Joe! Looks great on all counts.

Joseph Przybyla
02-09-2022, 07:15 PM

with love, artie

Hey Artie, better near wing position? :wave:

Ian McLachlan
02-10-2022, 05:21 AM
Ansel could not have done better on this opportunity. By a small margin I would choose no your first image.All plaudits well deserved.

Andreas Liedmann
02-10-2022, 05:31 AM
Hi Joe .... one of your best ever posted images , IMHO , as far as i can remember .
Big congrats !!!! :5:cheers::5

Stunning action captured .

Love it and TFS Andreas

Kurt Bowman
02-10-2022, 07:52 AM
Glad you reposted this. Love the action and timing Joe! Congratulations on nailing this one!

Joseph Przybyla
02-12-2022, 08:14 AM
Thanks everyone for viewing and commenting, much appreciated.