PDA

View Full Version : Canada Goose

Sharif Uddin
02-09-2022, 03:14 AM
I haven't had much luck the past couple weekends with my target birds. A couple of weeks ago I was trying for some teals. While the teals stayed away, I got this Canada Goose standing in the middle of the creek. He started calling out as another flock of geese flow by overhead.

Processed with C1 pro and PS cc. Noise reduction with Topaz.

Nikon D850. 500mm PF
1/1250s f/5.6 ISO 1600
HH

(PS. Posting from Flickr again. I can't get the file size to be <600kb when the largest size is 1920px. Instead of trying different sizes, posting from Flickr seems easier.)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51871194288_7b8c772546_h.jpg

Arthur Morris
02-09-2022, 10:04 AM
This is a lovely image on many counts: a nice low perspective, beautiful blue and buff tones, a great calling pose, and a perfect head angle. Many folks would not give a Canada Goose a second, look much less photograph one. (I do :))

What is the o-o-f stuff in the LLC? I might tone down only the lighter portions .... Otherwise, it balances the image design nicely.

with love, and thanks for your membership support.

artie

Arthur Morris
02-09-2022, 10:04 AM
ps; and the killer smooth BKGR!

a

Mike Poole
02-09-2022, 11:48 AM
I love it when people post beautiful images of 'mundane' species - it makes me think real thought had gone into the shot. The light here is Wonderfull. I too would clone out the distractions in the lower left of the land background,

Mike

Daniel Cadieux
02-09-2022, 02:57 PM
I much, much prefer a beautiful artistic image of a common bird than a snapshot of a rarity! This is a great example. Perhaps a touch deeper blacks on the head and neck would work nicely here, but all-in-all I love it.

Andreas Liedmann
02-10-2022, 05:29 AM
Hi Sharif .... oh so sweet light . Love it !!
A well composed shot , love the contrasting colors and the overall design ... the calling pose is a super addition in my book .
Personally i would give the subject more pop ... but this is just a matter of taste and not meant as a shortcoming of the image .

Nicely done , TFS Andreas

Kurt Bowman
02-10-2022, 06:39 PM
I like this frame as posted. Love the calling pose, the contrast between the subject and BG is great! Nice work!

Sharif Uddin
02-13-2022, 11:40 PM
This is a lovely image on many counts: a nice low perspective, beautiful blue and buff tones, a great calling pose, and a perfect head angle. Many folks would not give a Canada Goose a second, look much less photograph one. (I do :))

What is the o-o-f stuff in the LLC? I might tone down only the lighter portions .... Otherwise, it balances the image design nicely.

with love, and thanks for your membership support.

artie

The oof stuff is a some vegetation and rocks on the levee on the other side of the stream. I wanted to leave the green bush there because I thought it add some color. Agree on toning down the lighter rocks. But in my attempts the toning down the rocks creates a border with the green (tried patch tool, opacity changes etc.). Guess I don't have the skills to do it properly.