PDA

View Full Version : Another Jacana

Paul Burdett
02-02-2022, 05:42 PM
This is another Jacana image from a series taken recently. I know it may be a little tight in the frame, but the original frame had the bird too far to the right, so I had to add some canvas on the right. I love those legs! Basic adjustments in ACR and PS.

D500/500PF, 1/4000th sec@f5.6, iso1250, manual mode HH. Thanks as always for looking and commenting.

Dorian Anderson
02-03-2022, 03:02 PM
Best one yet, and a very memorable shot, Paul. Bird is sharp from beak to toes, and the low angle really separates him from the surroundings. I really like the specular highlights behind and the OOF suggestion of lily pads below. More room at right would be good, but it's f'ing hard when the bird is stretched out like this. The toes are amazing here. I could see lifting the shadows just a touch to get more definition on the secondary feather on the front wing, but that's more a personal taste than anything else. Well done!

Paul Burdett
02-03-2022, 04:55 PM
Thanks so much Dorian...your feedback is very much appreciated. Yes to more detail in the wing.

Jonathan Ashton
02-04-2022, 02:41 AM
Wow this is better! Pleasing colours great action, a little tight in the frame for me, I agree the darkest plumage is a little choked but overall it looks good to me.

Paul Burdett
02-04-2022, 05:00 AM
Cheers Jonathan...will take another look at the darks.

Arthur Morris
02-05-2022, 09:36 AM
Love the funky colors of the face and those amazing toes. You might consider losing the one white flower by the bird's far leg.

with love, artie

ps: Where?

Paul Burdett
02-05-2022, 04:27 PM
Thanks Artie. yes, I thought about that too.

Brian Sump
02-06-2022, 05:44 PM
Paul, a really fine bif capture on this Jacana.

Beautiful detail in the feet, head and beak. Looks like just a touch of motion blur near the shoulders but that is minimal considering all the positives here.

You could maybe try a pano crop, it could give the effect of flying more into the right. Also, did you do any cloning in the lower left? Looks to be an artifact or two possibly.

Nice work executing, hope to shoot one someday.

Paul Burdett
02-06-2022, 09:39 PM
Thanks Brian...appreciate the feedback. I did try a pano crop, but wasn't sure it worked any better...may try again. No cloning on lower left as far as I recall, but will check. Cheers.