PDA

View Full Version : Black Headed Gull fly off ....

Andreas Liedmann
01-30-2022, 01:59 PM
Hi folks ...
a tricky image interns of composition , as I do not have enough space on LHS . On the other hand I do not want the water drops , created by the gull , to disappear . So I decided that the gull can just fly against the " LHS wall " instead of losing the droplets .
So I can fully understand if some folks might have reservations regarding the comp ..

Canon EOS R3
EF 500 IS L II + 2x TC
HH

F 10 ; Iso 1600 ; 1/2500 sec ; man exp

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2022 ; image leveled and added canvas slightly all around the frame .

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas

Dorian Anderson
01-30-2022, 10:15 PM
Nice and sharp, and the trailing splash adds interest. Exposure and detail are great. I'd love more space to the left, but I understand that you wanted to keep the entire splash. I also appreciate the low angle view!

Steve Kaluski
01-31-2022, 05:12 AM
a tricky image interns of composition , as I do not have enough space on LHS .

Indeed they are Andreas, and easy to say, but planning so the FP and framing was more to the right may of helped? Manually focusing and pre framing, them just a dab to switch to ED should work and with ED locked on, adjusting the comp is a breeze. Not sure how you have your camera set up, but switching AF once AF has acquired the subject is great and with the clean BKG there shouldn't be an issue, a bit like bird against a sky, it can't fail.

Nice detail and I see why f/10, but the blue for me is a little strong.

So I decided that the gull can just fly against the " LHS wall " instead of losing the droplets .

I think the 'wall' concept needs to go and move on, otherwise truck loads of images wouldn't even be considered overall.:S3:

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
01-31-2022, 05:40 AM
Thanks Dorian and Steve for your kind comments , much appreciated .

@ Steve ... fully understand your thoughts about AF and " planning " the shot , but this was just one of this " grab shots" where you see something happening and just fire a couple of frames . So options are limited in this regard .

The blues , well i like them strong as presented , but could be reduced without overall loss of IQ .

The wall is not a " concept " just my kinda wording i like to use in the context ,when a subject is too close to the image border .... but wish there would be more space for the subject to look/ fly into .

Cheers Andreas

Volkan Akgul
01-31-2022, 01:52 PM
hi Andreas,

Tone, color and detail are just right... )
congratulations

Arthur Morris
02-05-2022, 01:31 PM
Love everything about this one but the bird's head turned away from us wrecks the image for me.

with love, artie