PDA

View Full Version : Osprey contemplating the day

Paul Burdett
01-07-2022, 04:10 AM
Captured recently at my usual osprey location here in Brisbane. Basic adjustments in acr and ps. A fair crop needed here...would have been nicer had the osprey come closer!

D500/500PF, 1/3200th sec@f7.1, iso 1600, manual mode HH.

Volkan Akgul
01-07-2022, 07:09 AM
hi,
Nice shot Paul, clear and clean. congratulations.

Dorian Anderson
01-07-2022, 02:30 PM
The sky behind is really dreamy, but the heavy crop is showing on the IQ. I do like the talons! Don't rely on my eyes alone, but the entire image seems to have a yellow cast. The white on the bird should be gleaming.

Paul Burdett
01-07-2022, 03:40 PM
Thank you Volkan and Dorian.
Dorian: yes to the IQ due to the crop. I did warm it up a bit but I do like the overall tone. There was one bit of highlight just above the near wing that was a bit hot, so I reduced that. I'll take another look and re-edit the raw file. Cheers.

Kurt Bowman
01-08-2022, 12:13 PM
Nice frame Paul! I do like the pose and the bG, but agree with Dorian about the crop. Still nice work

Brian Sump
01-08-2022, 02:00 PM
Hey Paul, pretty cool vertical posture captured.

The overall composition is well placed. The subtle gradient from white to blue in the sky works nicely to break up the continuity of all blue sky.

Agreed that the IQ is just not there on this one, but not off by much. Also, it does feel a little bit on the yellow side. Typically, in my images I'll try to assess the blue skies and once the blue starts to appear off from pure blue, that may indicate some needed adjustment. But, WB is often subjective.

Paul Burdett
01-08-2022, 09:47 PM
Thanks so much Kurt and Brian. I took another look at the file and adjusted the yellow cast...does look better now. Thanks again.