PDA

View Full Version : 3 in 1

haseeb badar
12-11-2021, 04:26 AM
Hello everyone.

An image for the weekend. Saw these three langurs nicely cuddled up on a misty morning . Waited for all three of them to look into the camera before firing away.

DPP 4.12, PSCC 23, WB, curves, levels, NR, shadow / highlights, sharpening, cleaned a bottle from the bkg.

Canon 1DX MKII, Canon 200-400mm @ 490mm with TC engaged, Bean Bag.

ss 1/800, f/5.6, iso 4000.

Looking forward for all your comments and suggestions be it of any nature.

Haseeb.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
12-11-2021, 09:00 AM
Hi Haseeb, very nicely seen and captured. Love the huddle and the 3 looking at you and the clean BG. Nice soft light and good techs. Well done !

Jonathan Ashton
12-12-2021, 07:20 AM
This is pretty cool! The log is just the right size for the three of them. I did download and took a look at the mid tones but I think I like the image just as you presented it. I am looking at their faces however and wondering if they are a little bit grey?

Andreas Liedmann
12-12-2021, 10:50 AM
Hi Haseeb .. super capture of these characters .
Nicely isolated and the log is quite large ,but not bad .
Love the different facial expressions of the three folks .

Colors looking good to me and the tones from HL to mid tones as well , not sure about the 3/4 and blacks to be honest . They do look somehow flat without form .... if you understand what I mean .

Have you used the " shadow / highlight " command of PS ??? At least it does sound like you did in your intro ...

Any how a nice shot that is keeping my interest :5

TFS Andreas

haseeb badar
12-13-2021, 01:36 AM
Thank you Jon, Doc and Andreas, as always your comments and suggestions are much appreciated.

@ Jon and @ Andreas -- have lifted the shadows a bit and hence the face might appear a bit grayish and slightly flat, also the light was not that good due to the fog. The rest of the body is gray any how.

John Mack
12-14-2021, 09:53 AM
Love it. Great portrait of these three monkees. Nice pose on all of them. They look quite content with having there picture taken.

Basil Dardagan
12-21-2021, 09:31 AM
The subjects fantastic pose and eye contact make for a wonderful image. Unfortunately it is noticeable (imo) that the light was very challenging