ISO : 5000
Exposure compensation : +0.3 EV
Exposure program : Manual
Shutter : 1/1250 sec
Aperture : F8

ACR/PSCC

Steve Kaluski
12-10-2021, 12:16 PM
Hi Jon, I am really loving this, cracking detail, killer backdrop and the cobweb is a nice touch and oooh, ISO5000, Canon does have something over the Olympus. :w3

I don't think the hidden feet is an issue, but some may wish they were visible. These birds are really punchy, you can afford just to tweak them a bit more especially the Orange (looks bit cool), but not via HSL or Selective because they can start to bleed and so you get loss of that fine detail. My only wish and this I think is you 'Achilles', the crop, you need more, not a huge amount (going from 1200 - 1300px) but it's just too tight and a very easy fix.

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
12-10-2021, 01:47 PM
Hi Jon ... very nice and those Bee Eaters are always great subjects when one has the chance to get them in situations like this .
I know you have become big buddy with your kit .... so will keep my thoughts for me :w3.

It does work very well as presented , IMHO , but we have seen a slightly boosted version which I would try to replicate .... well almost :bg3:.
Lovely work Jon ...

TFS Andreas

Volkan Akgul
12-10-2021, 03:54 PM
Hi Jon, very good.
congratulations

Jonathan Ashton
12-11-2021, 07:03 AM
Thanks Steve, Andreas, Volkan, I will take another look at giving a little selective boosting "but not via HSL or Selective" not exactly sure but I'll persevere, a couple of things spring to mind.

William Dickson
12-11-2021, 04:50 PM
That's looking real good to me Jon....What a great pose and HA...Fab colours throughout.....BG..perfect......Well done.

Will

Brian Sump
12-12-2021, 05:45 PM
Jon, killer detail. I did not know you had a 1DX?

Just a fantastic image in all regards. The colors are wonderful, the looking back dorsal pose rocks and I even like the detail of the small spider web going across the chin.

Would have maybe been nice with the stem of the perch being a little more parallel but not a big deal for me. As a small wish, I could see a version with everything just a touch higher in frame but I'd love this one.

Well done!

Joseph Przybyla
12-13-2021, 09:18 AM
Hi Jon, nice work, beautiful bird nicely processed. My only wish would have been for a smaller perch and the feet showing, but the bird controls and chooses the perch. Thank you for sharing.

Paul Burdett
12-14-2021, 06:05 AM
Late to this one Jonathan, but a real stunner! Love it!