PDA

View Full Version : Marching Crow ....

Andreas Liedmann
12-06-2021, 03:14 AM
Hi folks .... after the recent comment by Dorian and Steve about the feet being hidden by the leaves on the ground .
I made it better with the Crow .... IMHO :t3:bg3:

Same spot as the Jay , but other equipment used .

Canon EOS 1Dx III
EF 500 IS L II
HH

F 4 ; Iso 10.000 ; 1/1000 sec ; man exp

Processed with C1 and PSCC 2022 ; had to add canvas on RHS and Top as the framing was too central in the original . So basically full frame . Left some blueish hue in the plumage .... cause I liked it .

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas

Steve Kaluski
12-06-2021, 01:27 PM
Hi Andreas, I like it and the raised foot works. For me there is just the right amount of FG and the low POV keeps on delivering. Perhaps a tad more NR on the underneath of the tail and body, or is it cross Curves (been a long time since I've seen it so not sure).

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
12-06-2021, 01:54 PM
Thanks Steve ... I agree about noise . Overlooked it in the process , can happen :t3!

Dorian Anderson
12-06-2021, 02:21 PM
Yes, the foot -- even if out-of-focus -- adds interest and action! Lovely detail on the head and face. Steve's suggestion about extra NR is a good one. You did well given the lighting conditions and black subject.

Paul Burdett
12-06-2021, 04:01 PM
Works for me Andreas. I love the amount of detail you have captured (processed?) in the blacks. Cheers.

Jonathan Ashton
12-06-2021, 05:08 PM
Rich blacks and still good detail there, small amount of noise I see it but hey if I had that amount at ISO 10000 I would be extremely happy! I didn't really notice much blue Andreas but I think I see magenta, is it light bouncing off the leaves (on the belly).

Andreas Liedmann
12-07-2021, 04:39 AM
Thanks Paul, Dorian and Jon for your comment .

@ Jon .... well I do notice the blue and the red/magenta reflection :bg3:. Left the reds as it looked natural to me ... but can also see a version with them reduced .

William Dickson
12-07-2021, 12:57 PM
Looking good Andreas....The detail you captured on the black feathers is very nice....Good POV and pose/HA....I really like the colours on the BG....

Will