PDA

View Full Version : Blue-tailed Bee Eater

Jet Lim
11-07-2021, 05:58 AM
This is my first time posting here. Please feel free to comment.

Subject: Blue-tailed Bee Eater (BTBE)
Weather: Overcast and partly cloudy
Equipment: SONY A1 / 600GM with 1.4TC
Settings: Manual mode, IS0 4000, f5.6 @ 1/8000
Method: Handheld

Jet Lim Photography (https://www.photosmoment.com)

Brian Sump
11-07-2021, 04:45 PM
Hi Jet, really nice to have you here!

Congrats on a solid first contribution. A colorful perched bird snatching an insect mid-air is not easy.

Looking at the eye of the subject, it appears sharp however it seems like you've lost a lot of detail in the plumage in post processing. What programs do you use and what is your basic process?

Overall your choice of composition works fine from my view. You might also look at adding a touch of warmth and perhaps a couple points of magenta, as a personal preference.

Daniel Cadieux
11-09-2021, 01:21 PM
Hi Jet, welcome to BPN!!

Pretty neat first post! Great bird with fun action (maybe not fun for the wasp though). Great BG here. Good critique by Brian too, which I agree with.

Looking forward to more!

Arthur Morris
11-20-2021, 01:02 PM
Super-sharp on the face with a great catch! And yes, welcome to BPN. Would love to see some more.

with love, artie

Jet Lim
11-24-2021, 08:05 AM
Hi Jet, really nice to have you here!

Congrats on a solid first contribution. A colorful perched bird snatching an insect mid-air is not easy.

Looking at the eye of the subject, it appears sharp however it seems like you've lost a lot of detail in the plumage in post processing. What programs do you use and what is your basic process?

Overall your choice of composition works fine from my view. You might also look at adding a touch of warmth and perhaps a couple points of magenta, as a personal preference.

Yes Brian. I lost a lot of details due to the resizing when compared to the original image. I am using Photoshop to resize so I am not sure if I am doing it correctly or not. If you have a better method to retain the details, please let me know. Thanks for your feedback too. Greatly appreciated!