PDA

View Full Version : A Portrait !

haseeb badar
11-06-2021, 12:19 AM
Hello everyone.

This is the same tigress from my last trip back in Feb 2021. She did gave some opportunities .

It was pretty close as i was on my 500 prime but loved the eye contact , these cats just stare you deep.

DPP, PSCC 2020, WB, curves, levels, added a bit of canvas at the bottom, sharpening.

Canon 500mm f4 IS II, Canon 1DX MK II, Bean Bag.

ss 1/400, f/4.0, ISO 4000.

Looking forward for all your comments and suggestions, be it of any nature.

Haseeb.

Jonathan Ashton
11-06-2021, 12:27 PM
Superb, lovely pose and composition - a little tight but I like it nevertheless. Details/colours excellent.

Gabriela Plesea
11-06-2021, 01:19 PM
Hello Haseeb,

Nice timing here, love those mesmerising eyes and mouth open, beautiful pose from the tigress.

Indeed a wee bit tight at the bottom but happy you managed to get the paws in and adding that bit of canvas does help. Colours look good, suppose you can add more 'punch' if you want to but I am happy with this as presented.

Most important features like the mouth, nose, eyes, ears, all look sharp to me. Lovely detail there. Won't ask for more DoF, I guess you pushed those techs to a level you felt comfortable with :w3

Such a wonderful feeling when your subject gets really close and stares into your lens, I bet your heart was pounding with excitement! Hope you have more opportunities in the future and lots of images to share with us, thank you so much for sharing!

Kind regards,

Steve Kaluski
11-08-2021, 09:58 AM
Whats not to like here Haseeb, yes a bit tight at the foot, but the gaze and detail makes up for that. A little LR vignette would work nicely here.

TFS
Steve

haseeb badar
11-09-2021, 01:13 AM
Thank you everyone, much appreciated !

Marc Mol
11-11-2021, 02:49 AM
Love the open mouth and cross paw stride here Haseeb, those locked on eyes tell the story nicely.
Agree it is a little tight, but sometimes we take it as it comes. Nicely seen.

TFS.

Cheers
Marc

Andreas Liedmann
11-11-2021, 05:28 AM
Hi Haseeb ... leaving the tightness and the " fancy" foot extension :w3 aside , I really like the overall shot and presentation .
As an option I might have tried to crop .

Tone and colors are looking very good .

TFS Andreas

haseeb badar
11-11-2021, 07:37 AM
Thank you @ Marc and Andreas .
@ Andreas : further cropping did crossed my mind but I went for a fancy extension , :bg3:, nice term.

Andreas Liedmann
11-11-2021, 07:55 AM
Haseeb the " fancy extension " is just too short to give you/the image a " helping hand " :bg3: ..... another term , LOL .

Basil Dardagan
11-15-2021, 10:58 AM
For me the added canvass definitely creates enough space and the pose, eye contact, colours, sharpness are all amazing imo