PDA

View Full Version : Sparrow Hawk (Juvenile) - Close up

Steve Kaluski
11-05-2021, 06:40 AM
This is the juvenile after the adult female opened up the carcass. As I mentioned on the previous posting, I know the flaws re BKG, however it's always good to push at times IMHO, I'm not fussed so much on the ISO, but I do know what the R5 doesn't like, ooh to shoot below ISO1000, can only mage just how much more depth & detail would be achieved. :S3:

Thanks to those who commented or viewed the last posting.

Steve

Subject: Sparrow hawk Juvenile (Accipiter nisus)
Camera: Canon EOS R5
Lens: EF500mm f/4L IS II USM +1.4x III
Exposure: 1/1000s at f/7.1 ISO6400
Original format: Portrait, FF width, crop from the bottom up
Processed via: LRCC 10.5 & PSCC 22.5.1

Shot from our hide, baited with road kill.

Jonathan Ashton
11-05-2021, 06:57 AM
I wouldn't be at all concerned about detail, it looks great to me! Colours look good and I like the muted background
Background flaws - you're looking too hard! Pixel peeper!! The bird is just fine!!
I feel the bill is just a little short on DOF but I think that is fairly inconsequential.
If you have one with the legs in I would love to see it.

Steve Kaluski
11-05-2021, 07:18 AM
Cheers Jon.

I feel the bill is just a little short on DOF but I think that is fairly inconsequential.

I was shooting a mixture of apertures ie f7.1 - f/9 just wanted to keep at 6400, far higher than folk go to, but agree Jon.

If you have one with the legs in I would love to see it.

I deliberately keep away from showing too much around the feet and tried more for the head posture/character of the subject if that makes sense, but I might post something in due course... :S3:

Jack Backs
11-05-2021, 08:13 AM
Looks good to me. I'd be inclined to dodge the perimeter of the beak to delineate it from the background a little better.