PDA

View Full Version : Sandwich tern (Thalasseus sandvicensis)

Jonathan Ashton
10-28-2021, 11:07 AM
Image captured at Cemlyn Bay Anglesey. The fish is a Sand eel, (I liked the water droplet!)
I appreciate the wing tips are soft, I prefer them like that, I appreciate you may not share this view.

Olympus E-M1 Mark III
Focal Length : 300.0mm
Focal length in 35 mm film : 601.0mm
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
ISO Sensitivity : 320
Exposure compensation : +0.3 EV
Shutter : 1/3200 sec
Aperture : F4.5

ACR/PSCC

Andreas Liedmann
10-30-2021, 12:11 AM
Hi Jon ... a lovely capture with the sand eel .
The flat light helped with the tones and exposure getting very good details out of the darker tones .
I am fine with soft wing tips and the whole pose of he subject .

I would watch the slight sharpening halo along the head .

Have you manipulated the BG to a degree ??? When opened in PS and darkened the image ... fancy things are showing up :w3

TFS Andreas

Jonathan Ashton
10-30-2021, 05:39 AM
Hi Andreas, thanks for commenting, yes I had to recompose as it was flying out of the frame, is this a little better?

Steve Kaluski
10-30-2021, 05:51 AM
yes I had to recompose as it was flying out of the frame.

Jon, it's far better to cut and move within frame than adding canvas at times creating addition artefacts, PS has the tools to do this and with a BKG like this.... :S3:

Jonathan Ashton
10-30-2021, 05:57 AM
Jon, it's far better to cut and move within frame than adding canvas at times creating addition artefacts, PS has the tools to do this and with a BKG like this.... :S3:

Yes thanks Steve see above we must be both on at same time!

Andreas Liedmann
10-30-2021, 10:52 AM
Hi Andreas, thanks for commenting, yes I had to recompose as it was flying out of the frame, is this a little better?

Yes ... but why the color shift ??

Daniel Cadieux
10-30-2021, 05:21 PM
I prefer the coolness of the repost, but I would have kept that little drop in there. The raised far wing really helps the pose a lot. Nice and sharp where it matters.