PDA

View Full Version : Loggerhead Shrike

Joseph Przybyla
10-24-2021, 10:21 AM
I captured this image along Joe Overstreet Road in Kenansville, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 500mm F/5.6 VR AF-S ED PF, Handheld
1/1250 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV +2/3 ISO 1400 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 500mm (750mm 35mm Equivalent)
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2021 and Neat Image for noise reduction
Cropped for composition and presentation

P.S. Learn more about Joe Overstreet Road in the BAA Middle Florida Photography Site Guide that Artie and I co-authored. It is available at this link https://birdsasart-shop.com/the-baa-middle-of-florida-photographic-site-guide/

Steve Kaluski
10-25-2021, 04:29 AM
Nice image Joe, like the hint of water droplets on the plumage. A bit tight for my tastes.

TFS
Steve

Joseph Przybyla
10-25-2021, 06:53 AM
Nice image Joe, like the hint of water droplets on the plumage. A bit tight for my tastes.

TFS
Steve

Hi Steve, after reading your comment I edited the image loosening the crop. I had the room without adding canvas. Sometimes a failing of mine cropping too tight wanting certain details to show better, kind of focusing on the trees without considering the whole forest. Thank you for viewing and commenting.

Steve Kaluski
10-25-2021, 10:10 AM
Sometimes a failing of mine cropping too tight wanting certain details to show better, kind of focusing on the trees without considering the whole forest.

Better IMHO Joe, ditto the IQ but no idea where the line has come from on the RHS????

Joseph Przybyla
10-25-2021, 10:27 AM
Better IMHO Joe, ditto the IQ but no idea where the line has come from on the RHS????

Hi Steve, I know where the line comes from... A spider web I removed in the original post but neglected to do so in the repost.

William Dickson
10-25-2021, 03:34 PM
Looks good Joe....Nice pose, colours and details on the bird....Great BG and I really like that perch...Yes, more room around the bird looks better....I must admit I am as guilty for the same failing....

Will

Jonathan Ashton
10-25-2021, 03:45 PM
Jo, that's great, I prefer the second image, the details are super and the tones are good, the spider web does not trouble me though I understand most folk would remove it. Pretty neat perch too!